According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Infrared Imaging Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global infrared imaging market size reached US$ 6.5 Billion in 2022. Infrared imaging is a modern technology that measures the temperature of an object. It is a non-contact and non-destructive detection technology that is adopted for capturing invisible IR radiation and changing it into visible images. This method primarily involves the utilization of optical imaging and infrared detectors that help in measuring the electromagnetic radiation revealing objects that are normally obscured. With the development in the field of science and technology, there has been a considerable increase in the demand for infrared imaging techniques across the globe. Some of the most common applications of infrared imaging in a varied set of industries include electrical wiring maintenance, checking 3-phase equipment, first responders, animal health and mechanical installations.
Global Infrared Imaging Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the widespread deployment of infrared imaging methods across the defense sector. This is attributed to the rising security concerns and the growing geographical conflicts among countries. Along with this, the increasing gas exploration activities due to the escalating energy demand is providing a boost to the market. Apart from this, the augmenting need for automated disease diagnosis and prognosis on account of the prevalence of chronic ailments is significantly supporting the demand for infrared imaging techniques across the healthcare industry. Moreover, the rising incidences of sudden fire outbreaks and the introduction of stringent safety norms by the governments in an attempt to reduce the risks of death or injury from a fire breakout are major driving factors for the market. The market is further driven by the integration of infrared cameras in the manufacturing of numerous consumer electronics. Additionally, continual technological advancements in infrared technology are creating a positive market outlook. Other factors, including rapid urbanization and industrialization, the growing investments in industrial plant development and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are also positively influencing the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 9.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.7% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been segmented into cooled and uncooled infrared imaging.
- Based on the component, the market has been classified into IR detectors, IR lens systems, IR sensors and others.
- On the basis of the wavelength, the market has been categorized into near infrared (NIR), shortwave infrared (SWIR), mid-wave infrared (MWIR), long-wave infrared (LWIR) and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been bifurcated into security and surveillance, monitoring and inspection (condition monitoring, structural health monitoring and quality control), and detection (gas detection, fire/flare detection and body temperature measurement).
- On the basis of the verticals, the market has been segregated into industrial (automotive, aerospace, electronics and semiconductor, oil and gas, military and defense and others) and non-industrial.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Axis Communications, Cox Communications, Episensors Inc., FLIR Systems, Fluke Corporation, L3 Technologies, Leonardo DRS, OPGAL Optronics Industries Ltd, Princeton Infrared Technologies Inc., Raptor Photonics Ltd., Sensors Unlimited Inc., Sofradir, Tonbo Imaging Pvt. Ltd., XenICs, and Zhejiang Dali Technology Co. Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Technology, Component, Wavelength, Application, Vertical, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Axis Communications, Cox Communications, Episensors Inc., FLIR Systems, Fluke Corporation, L3 Technologies, Leonardo DRS, OPGAL Optronics Industries Ltd, Princeton Infrared Technologies Inc., Raptor Photonics Ltd., Sensors Unlimited Inc., Sofradir, Tonbo Imaging Pvt. Ltd., XenICs and Zhejiang Dali Technology Co. Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800