According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Ion Exchange Membrane Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global ion exchange membrane market reached a value of US$ 886.1 Million in 2021. Ion exchange membranes (IEMs) are semipermeable membranes used for the separation of cations and inions from fluids. They consist of high concentrations of fixed charges and transport specific dissolved ions, while blocking other ions or neutral molecules from the fluid flow. The membranes are commonly available in perfluorocarbon, chlor-alkali, composite hydrocarbon, and inorganic and partially halogenated variants. IEM enables the separation, exclusion and concentration of ionic material from the fluid flow. As compared to traditionally used membranes, IEMs are more advanced and cost-effective, exhibits lower electrical resistance and higher strength, showcases excellent long-tern stability and resistance to aqueous acid solutions, and assists in reducing hard water and removing dissolved inorganic ions.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Ion Exchange Membranes Market Trends
The increasing demand for wastewater treatment, especially in developing regions, along with the rising concerns regarding clean drinking water and sanitation are likely to drive the ion exchange membranes market growth. They are widely adopted in purification and separation applications, which is further supporting the market growth. Moreover, ion exchange membrane are being extensively utilized in the chemical process industry in the electrodialysis, membrane electrolysis, electro deionization and diffusion dialysis for the chlorine–alkaline production and treatment of industrial effluents. This, along with the increasing awareness toward various benefits offered by ion exchange membrane, such as high energy efficiency, eco-friendly nature, and low maintenance costs, are propelling the market growth. Additionally, the widespread product utilization in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries for the purification of drugs and making water reusable for manufacturing medicines is positively impacting the market growth. Other factors, including the increasing demand for ion exchange membrane in the oil and gas industry and the implementation of various government initiatives focusing on the easy accessibility of clean and potable water, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of UUS$ 1,162.7 million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 4.72% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the charge, the market has been classified into cation, anion, amphoteric, bipolar, and mosaic.
- Based on the material, the market has been categorized into hydrocarbon membrane, perfluorocarbon membrane, inorganic membrane, composite membrane, and partially halogenated membrane
- On the basis of the structure, the market has been bifurcated into heterogeneous and homogenous membrane.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into electrodialysis, electrolysis, chromatographic separation, desalination, wastewater treatment, and radioactive liquid waste treatment
- Based on the region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include 3M Company, AGC ENGINEERING Co. Ltd, Asahi Kasei Corporation, Dioxide Materials, Dow Inc., DuPont de Nemours Inc., Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, General Electric Company, Lanxess AG, Merck KGaA, ResinTech Inc., Saltworks Technologies Inc. and Toray Industries Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800