According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Kidney/Renal Function Test Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global kidney/renal function test market to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% during 2022-2027. A kidney/renal function test is generally suggested by healthcare professionals for analyzing and diagnosing problems in the overall functioning of the kidney. It involves collecting urine and blood samples in order to determine the glomerular filtration rate (GFR) and the presence of albumin in the urine for assessing the filtration function. It is widely adopted to determine appropriate patient management while monitoring the progression of diseases and preventing the further deterioration of renal function. Some of the common kidney-related diseases include cystinosis, glomerulonephritis, IgA nephropathy, lupus nephritis, atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS) and polycystic kidney disease (PKD).
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Kidney/Renal Function Test Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of chronic kidney diseases (CKD) among the masses. This is attributed to the escalating rate of individuals suffering from diabetes and hypertension due to the sedentary lifestyle led by the masses and the growing geriatric population. In line with this, the sudden outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has significantly supported the demand for kidney/renal function tests across the globe. This is due to the widespread occurrence of acute kidney infection (AKI) among the infected patients, generally caused due to inflammation of the kidneys. Along with this, the rising spending by key players for conducting extensive research and development (R&D) activities in order to introduce improved testing devices is creating a positive market outlook. In line with this, continual technological advancements in the testing process resulting in the early diagnosis of diseases are impacting the market growth favorably. Other factors, including expanding healthcare spending and continuous improvements in the medical infrastructure, are also contributing to the market.
- On the basis of the test type, the market has been bifurcated into urine and blood tests.
- Based on the product, the market has been classified into dipsticks, reagents and disposables.
- On the basis of the end-use, the market has been segregated into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, research laboratories and institutes and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), the Middle East and Africa and Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include 77 Elektronika Kft., Abbott Laboratories, Acon Laboratories, Inc., Arkray, Inc., Danaher Corporation, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, Nova Biomedical, Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Randox Laboratories Ltd., Siemens Healthcare GmbH, and Sysmex Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800