According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Laboratory Automation Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global laboratory automation market reached a value of US$ 5.63 Billion in 2021. Laboratory automation, or lab automation, refers to the utilization of a set of instruments for performing lab processes. The equipment used in lab automation is embedded with an interface mechanism to enable different instruments to communicate and move specimens amongst each other. This equipment consists of conveyor belts, circuit boards, programable robotic equipment, a track system, and control software. Laboratory automation offers various benefits, such as reduced test costs, faster processing, modularity, and decreased manual labor. It also eases the interaction with hospital information systems (HIS) and laboratory information systems (LIS). Laboratory automation can be differentiated into autoanalyzer, closed automation, open automation, discrete analysis, single-channel analysis, multiple-channel analysis, random access analysis, and assays.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Laboratory Automation Market Trends:
There has been a significant shift from manual intervention to automated processes across clinical laboratories for more reliable results, safer working conditions, improved productivity, and increased savings on space, time and costs. This shift is primarily driving the global lab automation market growth. The escalating demand for miniaturization of research processes for performing complex tasks in microbiology, clinical chemistry, and biotechnology is further fueling the market growth. Other than this, the widespread establishment of research and development (R&D) institutions and pharmaceutical laboratories across the globe is creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market is projected to reach a value of US$ 8.84 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 7.69% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into modular automation and whole lab automation. Currently, modular automation dominates the market.
- On the basis of the equipment/software type, the market has been segmented into automated clinical laboratory systems (automated workstations, LIMS, sample transport systems, specimen handling systems and storage retrieval systems) and automated drug discovery laboratory systems (automated plate readers, liquid handling systems, LIMS, robotics, storage retrieval systems and dissolution testing systems). Currently, automated clinical laboratory systems represent the largest segment.
- Based on the end-users, the market has been segmented into biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies; hospitals and diagnostic laboratories; and research and academic institutes.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Amongst these, North America represents the biggest market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Danaher, PerkinElmer, Tecan Group, Thermo Fisher, Abbott Diagnostics, Agilent Technologies, Aurora Biomed, Becton Dickinson, BioMérieux, Biotek Instruments, Brooks Automation, Cerner, Eppendorf, Hamilton Storage Technologies, LabVantage Solutions, Labware, Olympus, Qiagen, Roche Holding, Siemens Healthcare, etc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal