According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Laboratory Centrifuge Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global laboratory centrifuge market size reached US$ 1.7 Billion in 2022. A laboratory centrifuge is an equipment used to separate substances of different densities, such as liquids or particles. It performs on the principle of centripetal acceleration for separating denser molecules and moving them toward the edge of the container. It is equipped with safety features, such as interlocks, automatic shut off, and alarms to prevent accidents and injuries. It is generally used in hospitals and diagnostic centers to study proteins, viruses, polymers, DNA/RNA separation, blood fractionation, and cell culture separation. It is commonly available in different sizes and designs to meet the requirements of the user.
Global Laboratory Centrifuge Market Trends:
The surging occurrence of chronic ailments and viral infections like cancer, cardiovascular disease (CVDs), diabetes, kidney or liver disorder, hepatitis, malaria, and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) represents one of the major factors driving the demand for laboratory centrifuge around the world. Moreover, the increasing aging population, which is more susceptible to these health ailments, and the rising preference for personalized medicines and diagnostics are augmenting the growth of the market. In addition, the growing number of clinical trials by pharmaceutical companies and increasing improvement in medical infrastructure and diagnostic technologies are influencing the market positively. Apart from this, measures undertaken by governments of numerous countries to improvise the medication regulatory policies, standardize clinical studies, and improve reimbursement policies are contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, key players are extensively investing in research and development (R&D) activities to develop ultra-high speed centrifuges that can spin at faster speeds with greater accuracy and precision and are equipped with advanced features, such as programmable settings, touchscreen display, and wireless connectivity. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 2.2 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.3% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been bifurcated into equipment (multipurpose centrifuges, microcentrifuges, ultracentrifuges, minicentrifuges, and others) and accessories (rotors, tubes, centrifuge bottles, buckets, plates, and others). Presently, equipment (multipurpose centrifuges, microcentrifuges, ultracentrifuges, minicentrifuges, and others) holds the largest market share.
- Based on the model type, the market has been divided into benchtop and floor-standing centrifuges. Benchtop centrifuges currently account for the biggest market share.
- On the basis of the rotor design, the market has been categorized into fixed-angle, swinging-bucket, vertical, and other rotors. At present, fixed-angle rotors dominate the market.
- Based on the intended use, the market has been segregated into general purpose, clinical, and preclinical centrifuges. General purpose centrifuges exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into diagnostics, microbiology, cellomics, genomics, proteomics, blood component separation, and others. Diagnostics currently represents the biggest market segment.
- Based on the end user, the market has been segmented into hospitals, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, and academic, and research institutions. Presently, hospitals hold the largest market share.
- Region wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America (the United States and Canada) enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Andreas Hettich GmbH & Co. KG, Becton, Danaher Corporation, Eppendorf AG, GTCR LLC, HERMLE Labortechnik, Koki Holdings Co. Ltd., Kubota Corporation, NuAire, QIAGEN N.V., Sanofi Pasteur, Sartorius AG, Sigma Laborzentrifugen GmbH, and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Model Type, Rotor Design, Intended Use, Application, End-User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Andreas Hettich GmbH & Co. KG, Becton, Danaher Corporation, Eppendorf AG, GTCR LLC, HERMLE Labortechnik, Koki Holdings Co. Ltd., Kubota Corporation, NuAire, QIAGEN N.V., Sanofi Pasteur, Sartorius, Sigma Laborzentrifugen GmbH and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800