According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Laboratory Centrifuge Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global laboratory centrifuge market size reached US$ 1.57 Billion in 2021. A laboratory centrifuge is a motor-driven device that assists in separating fluids, gas, and liquid-based materials on the basis of density. It operates on the principle of centripetal acceleration and separates denser molecules by moving them toward the edge of the container. Laboratory centrifuges are commonly used in hospitals and diagnostic centers to study proteins, viruses, polymers, DNA/RNA separation, blood fractionation, and cell culture separation. They also find applications in the medical field for drug discovery, specimen preparation, and examining foreign particles.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Laboratory Centrifuge Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by increasing advancements in the fields of biotechnology and life sciences. Since centrifugal devices assist in understanding the nature of viruses causing ailments such as malaria, tuberculosis, and HIV-AIDS, they are widely used by blood banks for disease diagnosis and blood component separation. This, along with the development of technologically advanced product variants and their integration with the Internet of Things (IoT), is contributing to the market growth. Moreover, key players are introducing advanced devices that offer enhanced functionalities as compared to their traditional counterparts. These devices are equipped with automatic electric brakes, speed control mechanisms, and remote monitoring features to enhance the operational efficiency. Furthermore, rising automation in hematology, the growing utilization of molecular diagnostics and the increasing expenditure on research and development (R&D) activities are some of the other factors supporting the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 2.07 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.50% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been bifurcated into equipment (multipurpose centrifuges, microcentrifuges, ultracentrifuges, minicentrifuges, and others) and accessories (rotors, tubes, centrifuge bottles, buckets, plates, and others).
- Based on the model type, the market has been classified into benchtop and floor-standing centrifuges.
- On the basis of rotor design, the market has been categorized into fixed-angle, swinging-bucket, vertical, and other rotors.
- Based on the intended use, the market has been segmented into general-purpose, clinical, and preclinical centrifuges.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into diagnostics, microbiology, cellomics, genomics, proteomics, blood component separation, and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been classified into hospitals, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, and academic and research institutions.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Andreas Hettich GmbH & Co. KG, Becton, Danaher Corporation, Eppendorf AG, GTCR LLC, HERMLE Labortechnik, Koki Holdings Co. Ltd., Kubota Corporation, NuAire, QIAGEN N.V., Sanofi Pasteur, Sartorius AG, Sigma Laborzentrifugen GmbH, and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal