According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Laboratory Centrifuge Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global laboratory centrifuge market is currently witnessing healthy growth. A laboratory centrifuge is an equipment that is widely used across hospitals, diagnostic centers and research institutes for studying viruses, proteins and polymers. It can also be utilized to understand DNA/RNA separation, blood fractionation and cell culture separation. Apart from this, it is employed in the medical field for drug discovery, specimen preparation, and examining foreign particles. Driven by a motor, the centrifuge works on the principle of sedimentation to separate substances of greater and lesser densities in a heterogeneous mixture by the application of centrifugal force.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Laboratory Centrifuge Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rising prevalence of chronic diseases, such as hepatitis and HIV, across the globe. Since centrifugal devices are extensively used in molecular diagnostics to separate pathogens from blood components, they are widely used by blood banks for disease diagnosis and blood component separation. Apart from this, there has been a significant increase in the investments for research and development (R&D) activities in the field of life science and biotechnology. This, along with the integration of centrifuges with the Internet of Things (IoT), is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, numerous advanced variants have been introduced in the market that offer enhanced functionalities as compared to their traditional counterparts. These variants offer touch screen features for ease of use and are equipped with a quick response system in order to eliminate user errors and optimize tasks. They are also integrated with automatic electric brakes, remote monitoring features and speed control mechanisms for improved operational efficiency and enhanced performance. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the growing utilization of molecular diagnostics and the increasing public and private investments for the development of the healthcare sector. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 3.5% during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into equipment (multipurpose centrifuges, microcentrifuges, ultracentrifuges, minicentrifuges and others) and accessories (rotors, tubes, centrifuge bottles, buckets, plates and others).
- Based on the model type, the market has been classified into benchtop and floor-standing centrifuges.
- On the basis of rotor design, the market has been categorized into fixed-angle rotors, swinging-bucket rotors, vertical rotors and others.
- Based on the intended use, the market has been segmented into general purpose, clinical and preclinical centrifuges.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into diagnostics, microbiology, cellomics, genomics, proteomics, blood component separation and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been classified into hospitals, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, and academic and research institutions.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Andreas Hettich GmbH & Co. KG, Becton, Danaher Corporation, Eppendorf AG, GTCR LLC, HERMLE Labortechnik, Koki Holdings Co. Ltd., Kubota Corporation, NuAire, QIAGEN N.V., Sanofi Pasteur, Sartorius, Sigma Laborzentrifugen GmbH, and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800