According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled " Lobster Market: Global, Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global lobster market size reached US$ 7.0 Billion in 2022. A lobster refers to a large edible marine decapod crustacean that possesses stalked eyes, a pair of large claws, and an extended abdomen. It is a rich source of copper, selenium, zinc, phosphorus, vitamins E and B12, magnesium, and calcium. It consists of protein and essential amino acids, which are required for boosting metabolism, promoting weight loss, and reducing oxidative stress in the body. It also contains omega-3 fatty acids that are essential for preventing heart diseases and stroke, improving brain health, and controlling lupus, eczema, and rheumatoid arthritis. It also helps lower cholesterol levels in the body and prevent the occurrence of various chronic degenerative diseases. Furthermore, as it boosts immunity and ensures normal cellular function, the consumption of lobster is increasing around the world.
Global Lobster Market Trends:
At present, the rising demand for lobster due to the growing consumption of healthy diets among the masses represents one of the primary factors influencing the market positively. Besides this, the increasing number of restaurants, hotels, and cafes selling exotic seafood and flavorful dishes is propelling the growth of the market. In addition, the increasing consumption of protein-rich diets among fitness enthusiasts, gym goers, and athletes to gain muscle mass and energy and boost metabolism is contributing to the growth of the market. Apart from this, the rising number of e-commerce businesses and distribution channels selling premium quality seafood is supporting the growth of the market. Additionally, the growing health consciousness among the masses to lead a healthy life and prevent the occurrence of lifestyle disorders is offering a favorable market outlook. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a volume of US$ 12.0 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 9.3% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the species, the market has been segmented into American lobster, spiny lobster, rock lobster, and European lobster. The American lobster represented the largest segment in the market.
- Based on the weight, the market has been classified into 0.5-0.75 lbs, 0.76-3.0 lbs, and over 3 lbs. At present, 0.5-0.75 lbs hold the biggest share in the market.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been segregated into whole lobster, lobster tail, lobster meat, and lobster claw. Presently, whole lobster exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated into food service and retail. The food service sector accounts for the largest share in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia, Oceania, and others. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Boston Lobster, Clearwater Seafoods, East Coast Seafood Group, Geraldton Fishermen’s Co-operative, High Liner Foods Incorporated, PESCANOVA ESPAÑA SL, Supreme Lobster, Tangier Lobster, and Thai Union Manufacturing Company Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||US$ Billion, ‘000 Tons
||Species, Weight, Product Type, Distribution Channel, Region
||North America, Europe, Asia, Oceania, Others
||Boston Lobster, Clearwater Seafoods, East Coast Seafood Group, Geraldton Fishermen’s Co-operative, High Liner Foods Incorporated, PESCANOVA ESPAÑA SL, Supreme Lobster, Tangier Lobster and Thai Union Manufacturing Company Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800