IMARC Group's latest report, titled "Low-Density Polyethylene Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," finds that the global low-density polyethylene market size reached US$ 43.5 Billion in 2022. Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) is a highly versatile polymer known for its translucent appearance, elasticity, and malleability. It is produced through the free-radical polymerization of ethylene, where ethylene is compressed and cooled before being placed in a reaction vessel to initiate polymerization. It is highly durable, resistant to moisture and hazardous chemicals, and capable of withstanding harsh weather conditions and exhibiting high thermal expansion. Its level of flexibility can vary depending on the production process, with different degrees of flexibility available for various applications. It is commonly used in the food industry for manufacturing packaging materials, such as wrapping foils, foam, trays, and soft plastic bags. In recent years, LDPE has gained immense traction across the globe due to its superior properties, including excellent electrical insulation, chemical inertness, and optimal resistance to stress cracking and tearing.
Global Low-Density Polyethylene Market Trends:
The rising construction of healthcare facilities such as hospitals, clinics, and nursing homes across the globe has led to a surge in demand for LDPE for medical packaging applications, which represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Moreover, the escalating demand for LDPE to produce food and utility bags is positively influencing the market growth. Additionally, the increasing need for plastic containers made from LDPE in the food industry for packaging baked goods, frozen products, and snacks has catalyzed market growth. Besides this, the rising number of quick service restaurants (QSRs), cafes, and fast-food chains offering delicious food options and home delivery services is another major growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the increasing use of LDPE films or plastic sheets in the agriculture industry to maintain humidity and reduce water evaporation from the soil is contributing to market growth. Along with this, the increasing use of LDPE in manufacturing wires, insulation cables, and various plastic parts of computer components is propelling the market growth. Other factors, including rising awareness about the adverse effects of plastics on human health, increasing demand for recyclable plastics, and growing environmental concerns, are also anticipated to drive the market further. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 57.1 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 4.72% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the manufacturing process, the market has been bifurcated into autoclave and tubular methods. Currently, the autoclave method dominates the market.
- On the basis of the feedstock, the market has been divided into natural gas, naphtha, and others. Amongst these, natural gas holds the largest market share.
- The market has been segmented based on the application into film and sheets, extrusion coatings, injection molding, and others. At present, film and sheets account for the majority of the market share.
- Region-wise, Asia Pacific holds the leading position in the market, followed by Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Among these, Asia Pacific is the leading market, accounting for the majority of the global share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being BASF SE, The Dow Chemical Company, Exxon Mobil Corporation, LyondellBasell Industries N.V., Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC), China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec), Borealis AG, Braskem SA, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, LLC, Lone Star Chemical, Petkim Petrokimya Holding A.S., Total Petrochemicals & Refining USA, Inc. (TPRI), LG Chem Ltd., Formosa Plastics Corporation, and Qatar Petrochemical Company.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Manufacturing Process, Feedstock, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||BASF SE, The Dow Chemical Company, Exxon Mobil Corporation, LyondellBasell Industries N.V., Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC), China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec), Borealis AG, Braskem SA, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, LLC, Lone Star Chemical, Petkim Petrokimya Holding A.S., Total Petrochemicals & Refining USA, Inc. (TPRI), LG Chem Ltd., Formosa Plastics Corporation and Qatar Petrochemical Company
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800