The global low density polyethylene market reached a value of US$ 33 Billion in 2018. The market is further projected to reach US$ 41 Billion by 2024, exhibiting a CAGR of nearly 4% during 2019-2024. Polyethylene, also known as PE, is a lightweight synthetic resin made from the polymerisation of ethylene. It is a highly crystalline non-polar thermoplastic and can be easily melted and reshaped. Owing to this, polyethylene is popularly used for manufacturing a wide range of products such as clear food wrap, medical devices, bulletproof vests, shopping bags, etc. It is most commonly categorised into LDPE, HDPE, LLDPE and UHMWPE. Among these, LDPE or low density polyethylene is a polyolefin material which has a high molecular weight. It is non-toxic, non-contaminating in nature and is resistant to impact, moisture and chemicals. LDPE is widely employed for the manufacturing of various products such as packaging, trash bins, floor tiles, shipping envelopes, dropper bottles, etc. Its renewability properties have made it recognised and acceptable to several end-use industries.
- Flexibility and toughness are the two unique qualities of low-density polyethylene which have been primarily responsible for its increasing demand.
- It also possesses transparency properties and a white appearance which makes it suitable to be used for the production of bags for groceries, bread covers, bubble wraps, etc.
- We expect its demand to be strong from the automotive sector as it offers transparency at low weight. Strong demand from the food packaging industry is also expected to drive the market catalysed by a rising demand for transparent packaging. Applications of LDPE in food packaging is expected to be in meat and poultry wrapping, dairy packaging, bakery, frozen foods, etc.
- Catalysed by the revival of the construction industry and a continuous population growth in both developed and emerging markets, demand for LDPE is expected to increase in the next five years. Increasing regulatory requirements from governments across the globe regarding energy efficient industrial infrastructure is also expected to catalyse the market.
- LDPE products are renewable in nature owing to which they can be recycled under certain conditions. This is also positively influencing its global demand.
- Based on the manufacturing process, the market has been segmented as tubular method and autoclave method.
- Based on the feedstock, the market has been segmented into naphtha, natural gas and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented as film and sheets, extrusion coatings, injection molding and others. Currently, film and sheets dominate the market, holding the largest share.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Amongst these, Asia Pacific is the leading market, accounting for the majority of the market share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being BASF, Dow Chemical, Exxon Mobil, LyondellBasell, SABIC, Sinopec, Borealis, Braskem, Chevron Phillips Chemical, DuPont de Nemours, Lone Star Chemical, Petkim, Total Petrochemicals, LG Chem Ltd., Formosa Plastics Corporation and Qatar Petrochemical Company.
This report provides a deep insight into the global low density polyethylene market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the low density polyethylene industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global low density polyethylene market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global low density polyethylene industry?
- What are the major manufacturing processes in the global low density polyethylene industry?
- What are the major feedstocks in the global low density polyethylene industry?
- What are the major application segments in the global low density polyethylene industry?
- What are the price trends of low density polyethylene?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global low density polyethylene industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global low density polyethylene industry?
- What is the structure of the global low density polyethylene industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global low density polyethylene industry?