The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Massage Chair Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global massage chair market size reached US$ 3.3 Billion in 2021. A massage chair upholstered armchair with a recliner back designed for massaging the head, neck, shoulders, back, arms and hands. It consists of motors, gears, heating pads, and airbags and is embedded with additional features, such as Bluetooth connectivity, adjustable foot and armrests, remote control features, and a massage pillow pad. It provides relaxation by de-stressing, reducing back pain, relieving joint aches, minimizing pressure on the heart and lungs, and improving blood circulation. As a result, massage chairs are widely adopted across residential and commercial spaces such as hotels, spas, and healthcare centers.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Massage Chair Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing need for stress-relieving and relaxing solutions due to the hectic lifestyles of individuals. In addition, the growing consumer inclination toward different massage therapies that offer complementary services, such as aromatherapy, acupressure, and physiotherapy, is contributing to the market growth. Besides this, with the growing health concerns, individuals are widely adopting massage chairs to stimulate blood circulation, muscle relaxation, and release hormones such as endorphins and serotonin. This, coupled with the easy product availability on various e-commerce platforms at affordable prices, represents another major factor propelling the market growth. Moreover, the increasing living standards, rising disposable incomes of individuals, and the growing awareness regarding several therapeutic benefits of massage therapies are some of the other factors creating a positive market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 4.6 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the conventional/robotic, the market has been classified into conventional and robotic.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been segmented into inversion massage chairs, zero gravity massage chairs, targeted massage products, and others.
- Based on the end use, the market has been bifurcated into commercial and residential.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into specialty stores, online, supermarkets and hypermarkets, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, and others), and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, the United Arab Emirates, and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Bodyfriend Co. Ltd., Cozzia USA, Daito Denki Kogyo Co., Ltd., Family Inada Co. Ltd, Fujiiryoki, Human Touch, Infinity Therapeutics, Kahuna Massage Chair, Luraco Technologies, Ogawa, OSIM International Ltd, Panasonic Holdings Corporation, and Shanghai Rongtai Health Technology Co., Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800