According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Medical Carts Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global medical carts market size reached US$ 1.56 Billion in 2021. Medical carts are portable transport solutions used in hospitals and healthcare facilities to carry all essential medical supplies near the patients. These trolleys consist of numerous compartments, trays, drawers, handles, and wheels to help manage, carry, and transport emergency supplies, bulky medical equipment, and medicines across medical facilities. They also hold necessary tools for surgical procedures and provide direct access to equipment. Medical carts are manufactured using various materials, such as mild and stainless steel, plastics, and aluminum. Consequently, they are utilized in the healthcare sector to improve patient experience, increase efficiency, enhance convenience, and protect supplies from unauthorized access.
Medical Carts Market Trends:
The increasing product usage in various departments of healthcare facilities, such as surgical wards, intensive care units (ICUs), general wards, emergency and trauma wards, physicians’ clinics, and medical schools, for their excellent storage capacity, durability, and ease of mobility, represents one of the key factors driving the market growth. In addition to this, the rising incidences of hospitalization due to the increasing prevalence of chronic and lifestyle disorders, such as diabetes, cancer, obesity, hypertension, and cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), are acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the widespread adoption of medical carts to provide continuous care and perform routine check-ups and follow-up procedures, especially for the rising geriatric population more prone to various age-related disorders, is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, the introduction of point-of-care (POC) medical carts that provide more direct patient care and easy access to information, which, in turn, decrease errors, increases time efficiency, enhances mobility, and maintains privacy, is positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, the introduction of an automated dispensing cabinet (ABC), a computerized medical cart that stores and dispenses medications near the point of care while controlling and tracking drug distribution, is contributing to the market growth. Such solutions help streamline the distribution process, eliminate non-productive staff time, reduce human errors on inventory tasks, increase cost savings, minimize waste, efficiently manage paperwork, and improve patient outcomes. Other factors, including rising investments in healthcare infrastructure, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and increasing demand for custom medical carts, are anticipated to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 3.4 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 13.20% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into mobile computing, wall-mounted workstations, medications, storage columns, cabinets and accessories, and others.
- Based on the type, the market has been classified into anesthesia, emergency, procedure, and others.
- On the basis of the material type, the market has been divided into metal, plastic, and other type.
- Based on the end use, the market has been classified into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, physician offices or clinics, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Advantech Co. Ltd, Capsa Healthcare, Ergotron Inc (Melrose Industries plc), Herman Miller Inc, ITD Gmbh, Jaco Inc., Medline Industries LP, Midmark Corporation, Omnicell Inc., Performance Health, The Harloff Company and Waterloo Healthcare.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800