According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Medical Ceramics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global medical ceramics market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020.Also known as bio-ceramics, medical ceramics are biocompatible materials that undergo hot isostatic pressure (HIP) and injection molding technique. They exhibit inherent stability, high mechanical strength, and beneficial electrical properties. As a result, they are widely used for various contact and non-contact medical applications across the globe. Besides this, they are utilized for prosthetic dentures, dental and bone implants, and diagnostic and therapeutic medical devices, which include heart valves and pacemaker electrodes and consumables.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Medical Ceramics Market Trends:
The growing prevalence of dental and medical ailments represents one of the key factors impelling the growth of the market. Moreover, the increasing geriatric population, which is relatively more vulnerable to these medical concerns and needsa considerable number of surgical procedures, is catalyzing the demand for medical ceramics around the world. Apart from this, there is a rise in the preference for alumina-based medical ceramics that find application in the manufacturing of knee, hip and shoulder implants for orthopedic procedures. The growing adoption of plastic surgeries and advanced wound healing technologies are also driving the market. Furthermore, leading players are working on technological advancements, including the development of innovative and novel medical ceramics. They are also introducing minimally invasive (MI) implants for dental, orthopedic, and cardiovascular applications. Looking forward, the marketis projected to expand at a CAGR of around 6% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- On the basis of the type, the market has been segmented into bioinert, bioactive, bioresorbable and other medical ceramics.
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into orthopedic, implantable devices, dental, surgical and diagnostic instruments, and others.
- The market has been classified on the basis of the end user into hospitals and clinics, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being the 3M Company, CeramTec GmbH, CoorsTek, Inc., DePuy Synthes, H.C. Starck GmbH, Kyocera Corporation, Morgan Advanced Materials Plc, NGK Spark Plug Co., Ltd., Institut Straumann AG, and Zimmer Biomet.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800