According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Metabolomics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global metabolomics market size reached US$ 2.4 Billion in 2022. Metabolomics refers to the systematic study of the unique chemical fingerprints, or metabolites, that specific cellular processes leave behind. It involves the comprehensive analysis of all small molecule biochemicals in a biological sample, including pathways of intermediary metabolism, hormones, and other signaling molecules, and secondary metabolites. Metabolomics is widely used in disease diagnosis, biomarker discovery, drug efficacy and safety testing, personalized treatment planning, and environment monitoring. It is a cost-effective and high-throughput technique that provides a holistic view of biological systems, improves understanding of tissues and cells, and accelerates drug discovery and development. Metabolomics also aids in the early detection, diagnosis, and prognosis of chronic diseases.
Metabolomics Market Trends:
The rapid advancements in technologies, such as mass spectrometry (MS) and nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, which provide a more precise and comprehensive analysis of metabolites, are positively influencing the market growth. Along with this, the escalating investments in research and development (R&D) by pharmaceutical and biotech companies are accelerating the adoption of metabolomics, as it aids in identifying and validating novel therapeutic targets. Additionally, the shifting trends towards personalized medicine, which necessitates the understanding of an individual's unique metabolic profile to tailor treatment plans effectively, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Moreover, the rising trend of preventive healthcare and early diagnosis to prevent serious health outcomes is facilitating the demand for metabolomics, as it aids in the discovery of early disease markers. Apart from this, the implementation of supportive government initiatives to provide funding and initiate research in metabolomics projects is contributing to the market growth. Other factors, including rapid expansion of the healthcare industry, increasing utilization of metabolomics in the agriculture industry, and widespread adoption of metabolomics in environmental monitoring, are anticipated to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 4.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 11.55% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been classified into metabolomics instruments and metabolomics bioinformatics tools and services.
- Based on the indication, the market has been divided into cancer, cardiovascular disorders, neurological disorders, inborn errors of metabolism, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into biomarker and drug discovery, toxicology, nutrigenomics, personalized medicine, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Agilent Technologies Inc., Biocrates Life Sciences AG, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Bruker Corporation, Danaher Corporation, Human Metabolome Technologies Inc., Metabolon Inc., Shimadzu Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Waters Corporation, etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Indication, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Agilent Technologies Inc., Biocrates Life Sciences AG, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Bruker Corporation, Danaher Corporation, Human Metabolome Technologies Inc., Metabolon Inc., Shimadzu Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and Waters Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800