According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Microcrystalline Cellulose Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global microcrystalline cellulose market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Microcrystalline cellulose (MCC) is a pure, partially depolymerized cellulose that is synthesized from fibrous plant materials. It can be processed using various techniques, such as reactive extrusion, acid hydrolysis, steam explosion, and enzyme mediated. MCC also uses mineral acids to reduce the degree of polymerization, thereby forming an inert, white, free-flowing powder. Apart from this, the product exhibits excellent compressibility, consistency, low density, short polymer chain, and high dilution and packing density. Consequently, MCC is finds extensive applications as fillers, stability enhancers, fat substitute, extender, disintegrant, and a bulking agent across the pharmaceutical, food, and cosmetic industries.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Microcrystalline Cellulose Market Trends:
One of the key factors driving the microcrystalline cellulose market growth is rising product utilization in the pharmaceutical industry to formulate quick release tablets, liquid dosages, matric tablets, topic formulations, dietary supplements, and chewable pills. In line with this, the sudden outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has further facilitated the demand for effective active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), such as MCC, across the globe. This, in turn, has prompted manufacturers to considerably invest in research and development (R&D) activities to introduce innovate, efficacious drugs that help reduce the morbidity associated with the disease. Additionally, evolving dietary patterns due to rapid urbanization and industrialization, particularly in emerging economies, has also led to the widespread adoption of MCC as a stabilizer and suspending agent in various food products, including frozen yogurt, ice cream, and other baked products. This is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. Other than this, the launch of bio-sourced MCC, along with the increasing product application as an additive for the third-dimensional (3D) fabrication of construction components due to its enhanced thermal strength and low power consumption are projected to drive the market further. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 6% during 2021-2026.
- Based on the source type, the market has been bifurcated into wood- and non-wood-based.
- On the basis of the route of synthesis, the market has been divided into reactive extrusion, enzyme mediated, steam explosion, acid hydrolysis, mechanical grinding, and ultrasonication.
- Based on the end user, the market has been classified into pharmaceutical, food and beverages (F&B), cosmetics and personal care, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Accent Microcell Pvt. Ltd., Asahi Kasei Corporation, Chemfield Cellulose, DFE Pharma GmbH & Co. KG (Royal FrieslandCampina N.V.), DuPont de Nemours Inc, Huzhou City Linghu Xinwang Chemical Co., Ltd, JRS PHARMA GmbH & Co. KG, Mingtai Chemical Co Ltd., Rayonier Advanced Materials, Roquette Frères and Sigachi Industries.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal