The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Military Robots Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global military robots market reached a value of US$ 17.2 Billion in 2022. Military robots are autonomous or remote-controlled devices designed to perform unsafe or recurring tasks with constant precision and accuracy. They are specifically configured for military functions and embedded with sensors, cameras, microphones, and two-way radios. They are also integrated with light detection and ranging (LiDAR) systems, global positioning systems (GPS), and fiber optics tether to convert, receive, and transmit information to different endpoints. They are widely used for military operations involving search and rescue, combat support, transportation, mine clearance, and firefighting. They provide backup against heavy artillery and can also be utilized to rescue injured soldiers or troops from the battlefield. As a result, military robots find extensive applications in intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) activities on land, water, and air.
Global Military Robots Market Trends:
The rising cross-border tensions and terrorist attacks represent the primary factors driving the market growth. Moreover, the increasing soldier casualties have strengthened the need for efficient military robots that can carry out dangerous tasks and be deployed in life-threatening situations. Additionally, governments of various countries are expanding military and defense budgets to enhance the existing security infrastructure by equipping air, marine, and land forces with advanced security solutions. In line with this, the surging government funding for new uncrewed systems, including wheeled, tracked, and legged and wearable robots, Remotely Operated Underwater Vehicles (ROVs), and Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles (UCAVs), for critical missions is positively influencing the market growth. Furthermore, the leading manufacturers are extensively investing in research and development (R&D) activities to launch more efficient and advanced technologies to support ground troops for future warfare. Along with this, recent technological advancements in robotics and automation, such as the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) to facilitate the fabrication of military robots with innovative monitoring, targeting, and information-gathering systems, have propelled the market growth. Other factors, including the introduction of military modernization programs, escalating demand for underwater drones for security applications, and rising adoption of modern digital warfare systems, are also providing a positive thrust to the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 33.0 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 11.35% during 2023-2028.
- The market has been segmented based on the platform into land robots (wheeled, tracked, legged, and wearable), marine robots [Unmanned Surface Vehicles (USVs), Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs), and Remotely Operated Underwater Vehicles (ROVs)], and airborne robots [small UAV, strategic UAV, tactical UAV, and Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle (UCAV)].
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), search and rescue, combat support, transportation, EOD, mine clearance, firefighting, and others.
- On the basis of the mode of operation, the market has been bifurcated into human-operated and autonomous.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Australia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Spain, Russia, Italy, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Bae Systems plc, Boston Dynamics Inc., Cobham Plc, Elbit Systems Ltd., Endeavor Robotics (iRobot), General Dynamics Corporation, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Qinetiq Group, and Saab AB.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Platform, Application, Mode of Operation, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Bae Systems, Boston Dynamics, Cobham Plc, Elbit Systems Ltd., Endeavor Robotics (iRobot), General Dynamics Corporation, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Qinetiq and Saab AB
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800