According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Modified Atmosphere Packaging Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global modified atmosphere packaging market reached a value of US$
15.1 Billion in 2022. Modified atmosphere packaging (MAP) refers to a technique of changing, modifying and adjusting the atmosphere surrounding the product to preserve its contents. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) are some of the commonly used packaging materials. It is widely used for preserving the freshness of various food products, such as meat, fish, fruits and vegetables, coffee roasters, bakery, and confectionery items, by controlling their biochemical metabolism. MAP consists of gasses, such as nitrogen, oxygen, and carbon dioxide, that aids in enhancing product quality, amplifying their shelf-life, providing convenience, ensuring freshness, and reducing oxidation and spoilage of perishable products. Furthermore, it assists in reducing waste production and labor costs and improving manufacturing capacities.
Global Modified Atmosphere Packaging Market Trends:
The significant growth in food and beverage (F&B) sector across the globe is creating a positive outlook for the market. Modified atmosphere packaging provides the optimal blend of nitrogen, oxygen and carbon dioxide to keep the food products fresh. In line with this, the increasing demand for convenience foods and ready-to-eat (RTE) items due to the busy schedules and hectic lifestyles is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, the widespread product utilization to extend shelf life and prevent insects and contamination, while eliminating the use of chemicals, especially for packing organic products is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Moreover, the recent coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic outbreak has intensified the product demand due to the shifting consumer preferences toward hygienic, freshly packaged and quality food. This, in turn, is positively impacting the market growth. Other factors, including rising consumer expenditure capacities, the introduction of easy-to-handle and convenient food packaging solutions, and the implementation of various government initiatives regarding food safety regulations, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$
21.0 Billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of
5.5% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been classified into ethylene vinyl alcohol, polyethylene, oriented polyethylene terephthalate, polyamide, and others.
- Based on the technology, the market has been divided into the tray-sealer machines, horizontal and vertical flow packaging machines, deep-drawing machines, vacuum chamber machines, bag-sealing machines, and others.
- On the basis of the packaging gasses, the market has been classified into nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide, and others
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into dairy products, poultry, bakery and confectionery, seafood and meat products, convenience food, fruits and vegetables, and others.
- Based on region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Air Products & Chemicals Inc., Amcor plc, Barry-Wehmiller Companies, Berry Global Inc, Ilapak International S.A., Linde plc, Multisorb Technologies Inc. (Filtration Group Corporation), Orics Industries Inc., Robert Reiser & Co. Inc., Sealed Air Corporation and The Middleby Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800