The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Mother and Child Healthcare Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global mother and child healthcare market size reached a value of US$ 574.5 Billion in 2021. Mother and child healthcare (MCH) is the health service provided by healthcare organizations and health centers to children, adolescents, and pregnant women. The services include birthing, fertility, child nutrition, and prenatal and post-natal services. They also focus on other health issues such as access to infant and maternal mortality prevention, mental health, newborn screening, child immunization, and children with special healthcare needs. MCH aims to reduce the morbidity and mortality in case of unsafe abortion, levels of unwanted and unplanned pregnancies, female genital mutilation, risk of cervical cancer, and improved reproductive health awareness among children. As a result, they form an integral part of primary healthcare services.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Mother and Child Healthcare Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing need to ensure the good health of mother and child. In addition to this, parents are willing to seek an opinion from superior healthcare specialists, facilitating the demand for MCH services, especially in developing countries. Besides this, rapid digitization of the healthcare industry has also facilitated women and children healthcare by providing easy digitized claim processing and healthcare policy management solutions. In recent years, the unavailability of prenatal care and delivery without assistance from appropriately trained healthcare providers is encouraging pregnant women to opt for MCH services. As a result, governments across various countries are also implementing initiatives to improve public health. Furthermore, the significant growth of the healthcare industry, along with the increasing instances of immunodeficiency virus and other chronic diseases, are also creating positive opportunities for the market. Looking forward, the market value is expected to reach US$ 1,215.20 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 12.20% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the services, the market has been segmented into pre-natal, birthing, post-natal, and fertility services.
- On the basis of the maternal age, the market has been classified into under 20 years, 21 to 30 years, 31 to 38 years, and 39 and above years.
- The market has been categorized based on the location into hospitals, nursing homes and clinics, in-home services, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Ann & Robert Lurie Children's Hospital, Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited, Arrowhead Regional Medical Center, Carle Foundation Hospital, ChristianaCare Christiana Hospital, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cleveland Clinic Institute, Cloudnine Group of Hospitals, King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Centre, Riley Hospital, and The Jorvi Hospital.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal