According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global non-invasive prenatal testing market is currently witnessing strong growth. Non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) refers to a type of non-invasive prenatal screening that is used to identify if a fetus is at an increased risk of being born with genetic abnormalities. Certain fragments to the fetus’ DNA are usually passed into the bloodstream of the pregnant individual, which is referred to as the cell-free DNA. This test analyzes the genetic information of the cell-free DNA to determine the health condition of the fetus. NIPT involves the use of a needle and syringe to draw the blood and eliminates the requirement of traditional invasive procedures. The test can be performed after nine weeks of pregnancy and is utilized to diagnose genetic disorders such as Down, Edwards and Turner syndrome.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of fetal chromosomal abnormalities across the globe. As a result, NIPT is being increasingly used by healthcare professionals to accurately diagnose genetic disorders in the first trimester of the pregnancy. It is widely replacing expensive and risky invasive amniocentesis and Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS) procedures due to the convenience associated with the non-invasive approach of the test, which, in turn, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Along with the developments in DNA sequencing technologies, regenerative medicines and breakthroughs in molecular research, these disorders are further treated at the primitive stages of fetal development in an effective manner. In addition to this, the growing awareness among the masses regarding the importance of prenatal care and advancements in the healthcare sector that facilitate the treatment of the fetus during the gestation period are acting as major growth-inducing factors. Furthermore, the increasing maternal age can often lead to fatal pregnancy complications, such as high risks of miscarriage and genetic abnormalities. Consequently, pregnant patients are increasingly opting for prenatal tests to diagnose their health conditions at an early stage. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to register a CAGR of around 12% during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been bifurcated into consumables and instruments.
- Based on the test type, the market has been divided into materni 21, harmony, panaroma, verifi, NIFTY and others.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been classified into NGS, WGS and others.
- Based on the test type, the market has been categorized into ultrasound detection, biochemical screening tests, cell-free DNA in maternal plasma tests, fetal cells in maternal blood tests and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segmented into trisomy, microdeletions syndrome and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been divided into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Agilent Technologies, Inc., Berry Genetics, Inc., BGI Genomics Co., Ltd., Eurofins Scientific Services Limited, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, GE Healthcare, Igenomix, Illumina Inc., Laboratory Corporation, Natera Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., and Yourgene Health plc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 |
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800