According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global non-invasive prenatal testing market reached a value of US$ 2.9 Billion in 2021. Non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) is a screening method conducted on pregnant women to determine the risks of specific genetic abnormalities in the fetus. It involves the analysis of cell-free deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) fragments circulating in the subject’s blood. NIPT includes ultrasound detection, fetal cells in maternal blood tests, cell-free DNA in maternal plasma tests, and biochemical screening tests. It is widely used for detecting genetic and chromosomal disorders, including aneuploidy, triploidy, and various syndromes, such as down, Edwards, Patau, Klinefelter, Jacob’s, and Turners. NIPT offers low-false positive rates and detects abnormalities with higher accuracy, specificity, and sensitivity. It also reduces the risk of miscarriage, eliminates the need for precarious and invasive procedures, and can be performed earlier in the pregnancy.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing Market Trends:
The increasing prevalence of fetal chromosomal abnormalities across the globe is one of the key factors driving the market growth. NIPT is widely used by healthcare professionals as a substitute for invasive procedures, such as amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling (CVS), due to its enhanced safety, speed, and reliability in detecting and diagnosing congenital disabilities. In addition, the widespread adoption of NIPT due to the increasing maternal age, which significantly enhances the risk of genetic abnormalities and pregnancy complications, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, rising initiatives by several governments, such as budget allocation for average-risk pregnancies and increasing demand for NIPT in public health policies, are providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Additionally, the integration of deep neural networks and artificial intelligence (AI) to improve decision-making on difficult-to-call cases, reduce no-call rates, and increase accuracy for aneuploidies and microdeletions is creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, recent advancements in the field of next-generation sequencing (NGS) to lower costs, enhance scalability, reduce time, and increase throughput are providing an impetus to the market growth. Other factors, including the rising awareness regarding the various benefits of NIPT over invasive prenatal tests, increasing health consciousness among consumers, and significant improvements in the healthcare infrastructure, are anticipated to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 7.4 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 17.4% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been bifurcated into consumables and instruments.
- Based on the test type, the market has been classified into materni 21, harmony, panaroma, verifi, NIFTY, and others.
- On the basis of technology, the market has been classified into NGS, WGS, and others.
- Based on the method, the market has been divided into ultrasound detection, biochemical screening tests, cell-free DNA in maternal plasma tests, fetal cells in maternal blood tests, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into trisomy, microdeletion syndrome, and others.
- Based on the end-user, the market has been bifurcated into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Agilent Technologies, Inc., Berry Genetics, Inc., BGI Genomics Co., Ltd., Eurofins Scientific Services Limited, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, GE Healthcare, Igenomix, Illumina Inc., Laboratory Corporation, Natera Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., and Yourgene Health plc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 |
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800