Onion powder is obtained by the process of dehydrating fresh onions and removing its moisture content in a controlled environment. After dehydration, the dried onion flakes are crushed and finely grounded to form dehydrated onion powder. This helps in preserving onions during seasons of abundance and using them during off seasons. The advent of onion powder has helped the working population in eradicating the hassle of chopping, thereby reducing the cooking time duration. A new research report, titled “Onion Powder Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023” by IMARC Group, estimates that the global onion powder market reached a volume of 52.5 Thousand Tons in 2017. The report further expects the market to cross 71 Thousand Tons by 2023, at a projected CAGR of about 5% over the forecast period.
Global Onion Powder Market Drivers/Constraints:
- In comparison to fresh onions, onion powder is easy-to-use and handle. It serves all the health benefits and flavours without the hassle of peeling and chopping of the onions without stinging the eyes.
- Onion powder finds several applications in the food industry as a flavouring agent, particularly in seasonings, condiments, dry rubs, marinades and dips. The global food industry is witnessing a strong growth across the globe, thereby positively contributing to the demand for onion powder.
- Owing to hectic lifestyles and changing food patterns, the demand for ready-to-eat food products is encountering a tremendous boost. Thus, onion powder is used in various ready-to-eat food products like instant noodles, sauces, soups, etc.
- Over the years, with the improvement in the production of onions, their prices have reduced. This has casted a positive impact on the growth of the global onion powder market.
- However, the availability and fluctuating prices of the raw material, i.e., onion, are completely dependent on the environmental factors like rainfall and draught. This has resulted in the profit generation of the onion powder manufacturers.
On a geographical front, some of the major markets for onion powder include the United States, India, Europe, Egypt and China. Unlike developed regions which have attained maturity, developing regions are expected to witness higher growth as a result of changing lifestyles.
The global onion powder industry is fragmented in nature owing to the presence of several large as well as small market players. There is a rigid competition in the market due to low product differentiation and switching costs.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal