According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Optical Transceiver Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global optical transceiver market size reached US$ 9.8 Billion in 2022. An optical transceiver, or an optical module, refers to an essential component in modern communication systems that enables the transmission and reception of data using optical signals. It functions as the link between switches, routers, and servers, which process and use digital data, and optical fibres, which convey light signals. The optical transceiver makes bidirectional communication over fibre optic networks possible by combining a transmitter and a receiver into a single small device. Its transmitter component is composed of either a laser diode or an LED. The transmitter transforms electrical impulses provided to it into optical signals by generating light. The light is then fired into an optical fibre, where it uses total internal reflection to pass through the fiber's core. The electrical signals in the transceiver's transmitter may be encoded into the optical carrier using a variety of modulation techniques, including amplitude modulation (AM), frequency modulation (FM), and phase modulation (PM).
Global Optical Transceiver Market Trends:
The growing penetration of the Internet of Things (IoT)-based devices majorly drives the global market. This can be supported by the characterization of IoT by interconnected devices and sensors, generating massive amounts of data that need to be transmitted and processed. Moreover, optical transceivers provide the necessary infrastructure for transmitting this data reliably and quickly, supporting the seamless functioning of various IoT applications across industries, including healthcare, manufacturing, transportation, and smart cities, which is significantly supporting the market. Along with this, the rising demand for high-speed data transmission due to the proliferation of data-intensive applications, such as cloud computing, video streaming, online gaming, and virtual reality, is positively influencing the demand on the global level. In addition, the emergence of 5G networks across the globe that offers significantly higher speeds, lower latency, and increased capacity compared to previous generations of wireless technology is propelling the market. Apart from this, governments from various countries are promoting the development and deployment of high-speed broadband networks to support digital inclusion and improved public services, thereby contributing to the market. Furthermore, continuous innovations in coherent optics, silicon photonics, and compact that offers higher performance, lower costs, and enhanced scalability are creating a positive market outlook. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is projected to reach US$ 21.9 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 13.8% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the form factor, the market has been segmented into SFF and SFP, SFP+ and SFP28, QSFP, QSFP+, QSFP14 and QSFP28, CFP, CFP2, and CFP4, XFP, CXP, and others. Currently, SFF and SFP dominates the market share.
- On the basis of the fiber type, the market has been segmented into single mode and multimode fiber. Presently, single mode fiber holds the leading market share.
- Based on the data rate, the market has been categorized into less than 10 Gbps, 10 Gbps to 40 Gbps, 40 Gbps to 100 Gbps, and more than 100 Gbps. At present, 10 Gbps to 40 Gbps accounts for the largest market segment.
- On the basis of the connector type, the market has been segmented into LC connector, SC connector, MPO connector, and RJ-45. Currently, SC connector dominates the market, holding the largest share.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into data center, telecommunication, and enterprises. According to the report, data center exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. At present, Asia Pacific holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Accelink Technologies Co. Ltd., Arista Networks Inc., Broadcom Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Coherent Corp., Fujitsu Limited, HUBER+SUHNER Cube Optics AG (Huber+Suhner AG), Juniper Networks Inc., Lumentum Operations LLC, NEC Corporation (AT&T Corporation), Smiths Interconnect Inc. (Smiths Group plc), Source Photonics Inc., and Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Form Factor, Fiber Type, Data Rate, Connector Type, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Accelink Technologies Co. Ltd., Arista Networks Inc., Broadcom Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Coherent Corp., Fujitsu Limited, HUBER+SUHNER Cube Optics AG (Huber+Suhner AG), Juniper Networks Inc., Lumentum Operations LLC, NEC Corporation (AT&T Corporation), Smiths Interconnect Inc. (Smiths Group plc), Source Photonics Inc., Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800