The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Organic Tea Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” finds that the global organic tea market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Organic tea refers to a popular beverage prepared by boiling the leaves and buds of the tea plant, which is grown through organic farming practices. The refreshing drink reduces stress and is rich in antioxidants, flavonoids, phenols, and polyphenols. It detoxifies the body, protects the heart, lowers infection, increases immunity, restores the balance of bacteria in the gut and improves gut function. Organic tea is also highly recommended by dieticians due to its anti-cancer and anti-aging properties, making it a healthier choice.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Organic Tea Market Trends:
The global organic tea market is primarily driven by the growing demand for safe, chemical-free and healthy consumable products. Furthermore, governments of various nations are promoting sustainable agricultural practices through various incentives and subsidies. This has encouraged farmers to opt for organic farming practices that rely on ecological processes, biodiversity and cycles to keep the soil rich and fertile. Besides this, organic tea is used in skincare products, such as masks, body wash and body lotions, due to its antioxidant properties. Moreover, with the increasing obesity rate, there has been a growing preference for organic tea for reducing excess body fat and increasing metabolism without significant side effects. Furthermore, several manufacturers are introducing ready-to-drink variants with different flavors to expand their existing product portfolio. On account of these factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 8% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into camelia sinesis based (white, black, green, oolong, and others) and herbal tea.
- On the basis of the taste, the market has been classified into flavored and plain organic tea.
- The market has been categorized based on the form into tea bags, leaves and powder, and liquid.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, online stores, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Bombay Burmah Trading Corporation Limited (Wadia Group), Davidson's Organics, Hälssen & Lyon GmbH, Little Red Cup Tea Co., Mighty Leaf Tea Company (Peet’s Coffee Inc.), Numi Inc., PepsiCo Inc., Stash Tea (Universal Tea Company, Inc.), TIELKA Pty Limited and The Hain Celestial Group, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal