The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Osmometers Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027”, finds that the global osmometers market size reached US$ 78.7 Million by 2021. Osmometer refers to an analytical instrument used to estimate the osmotic pressure of numerous solutions, compounds, and colloids. They are also used to measure salts and sugars in urine solutions. Some of the most commonly available osmometers include membrane, freezing point, and vapor pressure. Membrane osmometers are utilized to measure the difference in osmotic pressure between a pure solvent and a solution separated by a semipermeable membrane. Freezing point osmometers help detect the osmotic strength of a solution, whereas vapor pressure osmometers are extensively used to determine the concentration of osmotically active particles that decrease the vapor pressure of a solution. In recent years, osmometers have gained traction as they are efficient, assist in timely diagnosis, and are easy to use. As a result, they are widely adopted in diagnostic centers, laboratories, and hospitals.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Osmometers Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the widespread application of osmometers in the healthcare industry for drug discovery, cell culture, quality control applications, and diagnostics. Additionally, the utilization of osmometers in diagnostics to measure the osmolality of body fluids, such as blood, urine, and cerebrospinal fluid, is creating a positive market outlook. Other than this, the sudden outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic has escalated the demand for osmometers in the market. Furthermore, numerous product developments, such as the launch of multiple-sample micro osmometers that help in increasing production and provide accurate and fast osmolality test results, are positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, the increasing number of biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical companies seeking technologically advanced tools for procedure controls and quality checks are strengthening the market growth. Other growth-inducing factors include extensive investment in research and development (R&D) activities by market players to enhance their product portfolio and the rising demand for accurate analysis and results to achieve better clinical outcomes. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 96.8 Million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 3.20% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product type, the market has been divided into freezing point, vapor pressure, and membrane osmometers.
- On the basis of the sampling capacity, the market has been bifurcated into single-sample and multi-sample osmometers.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into clinical, pharmaceutical and biotech, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segmented into laboratory and diagnostic centers, hospitals, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, South Korea, Indonesia, and others), Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Advanced Instruments LLC, ARKRAY Inc., Astori Tecnica s.r.I., ELITech Group SAS, KNAUER Wissenschaftliche Gerate GmbH, LABTEK Services Ltd., Loser Messtechnik, Nova Biomedical Corporation, Precision Systems Inc., and Ratiolab.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800