The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Packaging Adhesives Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global packaging adhesives market reached a value of US$ 11.9 Billion in 2021. Packaging adhesives refer to materials that are used for binding two or more surfaces together. Adhesives are manufactured from polymeric materials that are naturally or synthetically obtained from polychloroprene, polyurethane, polyvinyl acetate, cellulose, or polyvinyl pyrrolidone. They are available in solvent-based, water-based, and hot-melt adhesive variants, which can be used for porous, non-porous substrates and plastic applications. As a result, packaging adhesives find applications in case and carton closures, flexible packaging, folding cartons and envelopes, and corrugated converting.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Packaging Adhesives Market Trends:
The global packaging adhesives market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for packaged food products. The flourishing food and beverage industry utilizes packaging adhesives in rigid food boxes, paper cartons, and cases to store food products. The growing consumer awareness regarding food safety has also increased the preference for sustainable adhesives that can be used with recyclable products. In the pharmaceutical sector, packaging adhesives are used to protect the medicines from contaminants, microorganisms, and bacteria and maintain the sterility of the products. Besides this, with the expanding e-commerce industry, there has been increasing utilization of pressure-sensitive adhesives and tapes, such as hot-melt packaging tapes, with advanced adhesive formulations. They provide box-sealing tape solutions to deliver heavier, bulkier and more valuable packages safely to the doorsteps of consumers. Furthermore, the development of water-based packaging adhesives is proving a positive outlook to the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into water-based, solvent-based, hot-melt adhesives and others.
- On the basis of the substrate material type, the market has been classified into acrylics, polyurethane, polyvinyl chloride, polypropylene, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the packaging type into flexible packaging, folding cartons, boxes and cases, labeling, and others.
- On the basis of the end use industry, the market has been segregated into food and beverages, cosmetics, healthcare, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being 3M, Arkema Group, Ashland Inc., Avery Dennison Corporation, Dymax Corporation, H.B. Fuller Company, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Jowat SE, Paramelt RMC B.V., Sika AG, The DOW Chemical Company, and Wacker Chemie AG.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
Our offerings include comprehensive market intelligence in the form of research reports, production cost reports, feasibility studies, and consulting services. Our team, which includes experienced researchers and analysts from various industries, is dedicated to providing high-quality data and insights to our clientele, ranging from small and medium businesses to Fortune 1000 corporations.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800