According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Pasta Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global pasta market reached a value of US$
22.8 Billion in 2022. Pasta is generally prepared from unleavened dough, which is a mixture of eggs, water and flour. It is a staple food of Italian cuisine that is widely served with soup, sauce, meat, and vegetables. Some of the popular pasta variants include spaghetti, fusilli, penne, ravioli, rigatoni and linguine, which are usually available in different sizes and shapes. Due to the easy product availability through online and offline organized distribution channels, pasta is gaining widespread prominence across the globe. Additionally, it is a rich source of protein, carbohydrates and fiber with low sodium and cholesterol contents, due to which it is widely preferred by health-consciousness consumers.
Global Pasta Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising preference for convenience foods among the masses. Moreover, the changing dietary patterns of individuals, along with the inflating disposable income levels of individuals, are providing a boost to the sales of pasta across the globe. In line with this, the shifting lifestyle preferences and hectic schedules led by working professionals are creating a positive outlook for the market. Additionally, leading players are heavily investing in the introduction of gluten-free and vegan pasta variants, which is favorably impacting the market growth. Furthermore, continuous improvements across the e-commerce sector and the proliferation of Italian restaurants and food joints are also providing an impetus to the market growth. Apart from this, increasing investments by key players for developing robust marketing strategies and promotional campaigns are contributing to the market growth. Other factors, including the increasing popularity of international cuisines on the global level and the widespread deployment of automation in the production process, are further projected to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$
25.8 Billion by 2028.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been segmented into dried pasta, chilled/fresh pasta, canned/preserved pasta and others. Among these, dried pasta represents the leading market segment.
- Based on the raw material, the market has been segregated into durum wheat semolina, wheat, mix, barley, rice, maize and others. Presently, durum wheat semolina accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into supermarkets, hypermarkets, discounters, independent small groceries, online stores and others. Currently, supermarkets exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on regional insights, the market has been divided into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East and Africa. Among these, Europe holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Barilla Holding, Grupo Ebro Puleva, Nestle, De Cecco and Makfa.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800