According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Pentaerythritol Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global pentaerythritol market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% during 2023-2028. Pentaerythritol, with the chemical formula C5H12O4, is tetrahydric neopentyl alcohol. It is an organic, odorless, white, crystalline, water-soluble compound. It is prepared by treating acetaldehyde with formaldehyde in an aqueous solution of calcium hydroxide. It exhibits physical properties such as high flash point, resistance to ignition, high thermal stability and low volatility. Moreover, it has a synergistic effect with zinc salt stabilizers, which are being used to replace allyl chloride to stabilize PVC.
Global Pentaerythritol Market Trends:
Pentaerythritol is used as a varnish, paint, drying oil and aviation lubricating oil. Besides this, as it exhibits high luster, flexibility, and water and alkali resistance, it is widely utilized to manufacture medicines, flame retardants, pesticides and explosives. In the automotive industry, pentaerythritol helps in the manufacturing of automotive lubricants and polyurethane foams that are integrated into vehicle interiors, bumper systems, dashboards, door handles, gear knobs, and seat cushions. Furthermore, bio-based polyols, such as pentaerythritol, are gaining an increasing preference among end users as they are environment-friendly and have a low carbon footprint. As a result, pentaerythritol is used for producing resins, coatings, synthetic lubricants and rosin esters. Moreover, the leading companies are making considerable investments in research and development (R&D) activities to develop novel applications of pentaerythritol.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into penaerythritol-95, penaerythritol-98 and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into alkyd paints, alkyd inks, alkyd adhesives, plasticizers, alkyd varnishes, radiation cure coatings, lubricants and others.
- The market has been segregated based on the end-use industry into automobiles, paints, construction and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Indonesia, Australia and others), Europe (Germany, France, Italy, the United Kingdom, Russia, Spain and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Celanese Corporation, Copenor Companhia Petroquímica do Nordeste, Ercros S.A., Hubei Yihua Group Co. Ltd., Merck KGaA and Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Application, End-Use Industry, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Celanese Corporation, Copenor Companhia Petroquímica do Nordeste, Ercros S.A., Hubei Yihua Group Co. Ltd., Merck KGaA and Mitsui Chemicals Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800