According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Peptic Ulcer Drugs Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global peptic ulcer drugs market size reached US$ 4.63 Billion in 2022. A peptic ulcer is an open sore that develops in the lining of the stomach that is caused due to inflammation, radiation therapy, frequent oral and injectable administration of aspirins, and anti-inflammatory drugs. It is associated with abdominal pain, discomfort, nausea, vomiting, weight loss, bloating, belching, and loss of appetite. It is diagnosed through a combination of medical history, physical examination, and diagnostic tests, such as endoscopy, blood and stool tests, and biopsy. It is treated using medications and drugs, such as antibiotics, proton pump inhibitors (PPI), H2 antagonists, antacids, potassium-competitive acid blockers (P-CAB), and ulcer protectives, which aid in reducing the body aches, minimizing acid secretion, and protecting the stomach from digestive juices.
Global Peptic Ulcer Drugs Market Trends:
The surging prevalence of peptic ulcers and the growing geriatric population that is susceptible to developing these medical disorders represent one of the major factors driving the demand for peptic ulcer drugs and treatment around the world. Moreover, the rising number of individuals suffering from obesity, unhealthy lifestyle habits, and increasing instances of stomach cancer are some of the other factors favoring the growth of the market. In addition, governments of numerous countries are initiating campaigns to spread awareness about the benefits of early diagnosis of the disease. This, coupled with the expanding number of clinical studies and trials to develop new treatments for peptic ulcers, is contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, the easy availability of various generic drugs for treating and preventing stomach and intestinal ulcers and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) via offline and online retail channels is strengthening the growth of the market. Besides this, significant improvements in the healthcare infrastructure and diagnostic technologies are creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 5.96 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.03% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been segmented into proton pump inhibitors, potassium-competitive acid blocker (P-CAB), antacids, h2-antagonists, antibiotics, and ulcer protective. Presently, antibiotics holds the largest market share.
- Based on the ulcer type, the market has been classified into gastric ulcer, duodenal ulcer, and others. Presently, duodenal ulcer represented the largest segment.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into hospital, retail and online pharmacies. Hospital pharmacies currently accounted for the biggest market share.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America (the United States and Canada) enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Abbott Laboratories, AstraZeneca plc, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Novitium Pharma LLC, Pfizer Inc., PharmaKing Co. Ltd., RedHill Biopharma Ltd, Viatris Inc., Yuhan Corporation, and Zydus Lifesciences Limited.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Product Type, Ulcer Type, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abbott Laboratories, AstraZeneca plc, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Novitium Pharma LLC, Pfizer Inc., PharmaKing Co. Ltd., RedHill Biopharma Ltd, Viatris Inc., Yuhan Corporation, Zydus Lifesciences Limited, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800