According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Peptide Therapeutics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global peptide therapeutics market reached a value of US$ 35.9 Billion in 2021. Peptides refer to naturally occurring, short chains of amino acid monomers that are connected with cell surface receptors for triggering intracellular effects. They are extremely small, versatile, and offer higher efficacy than other clinical practices; therefore, they are extensively used for engineering novel regenerative medications as they can target varying cells and manipulate their reactions. Along with this, peptide therapeutics are non-toxic, well-tolerated, and offer anti-inflammatory properties, which help in improving the immune system, repairing muscle tendons, and acting as an antioxidant for treating several metabolic disorders. Consequently, they are being employed for managing cancer, injuries, aesthetic concerns, and multiple infectious diseases.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Peptide Therapeutics Market Trends:
With the increasing prevalence of various chronic and metabolic disorders, especially amongst the geriatric population, there has been a rising need for effective medications, which in turn, has facilitated the widespread adoption of peptide therapeutics across the healthcare sector for treatment purposes. Additionally, the rising consciousness amongst consumers regarding their physical appearance has supplemented the utilization of peptide therapeutics in cosmeceutical surgeries as they slow down the aging process, which is acting as another growth-inducing factor. In line with this, extensive investments being made by governments of several countries in pharmaceutical companies to develop innovative novel peptide medications and synthetic strategies to improve product stability are contributing to the market growth. Moreover, escalating awareness amongst individuals regarding the availability of personalized medicines and the ongoing clinical trials by healthcare professionals to develop and execute precise non-invasive treatment procedures to treat autoimmune and inflammatory diseases are impelling the market growth. Other factors, such as the significant expansion in the healthcare infrastructure and continuous research and development (R&D) activities to engineer multi-purpose peptide-based materials, are creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 61.9 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 9.42% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into innovative and generic.
- On the basis of the type of manufacturers, the market has been bifurcated into outsourced and in-house.
- Based on the synthesis technology, the market has been segregated into solid and liquid phase peptide synthesis and hybrid technology.
- On the basis of the routes of administration, the market has been segmented into parental, oral and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into gastrointestinal, neurological, metabolic disorders, cancer and others
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Amgen Inc., Apitope International NV, Arch Biopartners Inc., AstraZeneca plc, Circle Pharma Inc., Corden Pharma GmbH, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Ipsen Group, Lonza Group AG, Novo Nordisk A/S, Pfizer Inc., Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd. and Zealand Pharma A/S.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800