The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “pH Meters Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global pH meters market size reached US$ 1.6 Billion in 2021. pH meters refer to a type of electronic instrument designed to measure the hydrogen-ion activity in a solution, indicating its acidity or alkalinity in terms of the pH value. They generally consist of a voltmeter attached to a pH-responsive electrode, temperature sensor, and reference (unvarying) electrode. They work by comparing the pH reading of a sample solution to a reference solution with defined pH. As a result, pH meters find extensive applications across the food and beverage (F&B), pharmaceutical, oil and gas, agriculture, and water treatment sectors.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global pH Meters Market Trends:
The rising applications of pH meters across various industries represent the primary factor driving the market growth. For instance, they are widely used to analyze the acidity and alkalinity of drugs in the pharmaceutical sector. Moreover, in the F&B industry, pH meters are extensively utilized to assess the pH value of dairy products, such as cheese, curd, and yogurt. Additionally, there has been widespread product adoption to measure the water quality in municipal wastewater systems and swimming pools. In line with this, the rising establishment of water treatment facilities owing to an alarming increase in water pollution levels, rapid industrialization, and scarcity of potable water across the globe has augmented the demand for pH meters. Besides this, the increasing number of research and testing laboratories, including soil, water, and food testing labs, has accelerated product adoption rates. Furthermore, the leading manufacturers are introducing novel, portable, handheld pH meters with automatic temperature control. Along with this, continual technological advancements, such as the large-scale integration of smart sensors and multi-parameter analysis with pH meters, have fueled market growth. Other factors, including the increasing agricultural applications to measure the soil pH, escalating demand for packaged and convenience foods, surging instances of chronic diseases, supportive government initiatives, and ongoing product innovations, are also creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 2.2 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 5.59% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the product, the market has been classified into bench top, portable, continuous, and other pH meters.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into digital and manual.
- The market has been segmented based on the end use into pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, environmental research, pollution control, food science, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Agilent Technologies Inc., Emerson Electric Co., ESICO INTERNATIONAL, Hanna Instruments, Jenco Instruments Inc, Metrohm AG, Mettler Toledo, Omega Engineering Inc. (Spectris plc), Panomex Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800