IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Pharmaceutical Robots Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global pharmaceutical robots market size reached US$ 161.84 Million in 2021. Pharmaceutical robots are physically embodied artificial intelligence (AI) agents designed to perform routine tasks, eliminating the need for human intervention. They help automate various functions, including inspection, packaging, dispensing, drug sorting, kit assembly, and light machine-tending. They also aid in the production of customized medicines, reducing workloads, and preventing drug contamination. Besides this, they assist in improving productivity, ensuring consistency, minimizing downtime, enhancing flexibility, and speeding up processes. As a result, pharmaceutical robots are gaining immense traction across the pharmaceutical industry as they offer maximum efficiency, protect workers from hazardous environments, and cut costs.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Pharmaceutical Robots Market Trends:
The surging need for automation in manufacturing units represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Moreover, the significant expansion in the pharmaceutical sector and the increasing competition have prompted drug manufacturers to adopt pharmaceutical robots as they enhance safety, reliability, and financial savings. Along with this, the high costs of new drug discovery have augmented the demand for robots in clinical trials, drug discovery, and laboratories for automating procedures. Besides this, the rising preferences for personalized medicine that requires customized medications, packaging, and labeling have accelerated product adoption rates. Additionally, there has been a substantial increase in the demand for specific packaging configurations and other benefits, such as high speed, precision, optimal utilization of space, and zero error operations. In line with this, various technological advancements, such as the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) in robotics, have catalyzed market growth. Furthermore, the leading players are engaging in research and development (R&D) activities to launch collaborative robots. Apart from this, due to rising drug discovery and diagnostic testing, the emerging laboratory applications of pharmaceutical robots like vial handling to minimize the risks of human contamination have propelled market growth. Other factors, including the surging product adoption in quality control and inspection of pharmaceutical drugs, lack of skilled labor, and increasing merger and acquisition (M&A) activities among key players, are also creating a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 305.01 Million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 10.80% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into traditional robots (articulated, SCARA, delta/parallel, cartesian, and dual-arm robots) and collaborative pharmaceutical robots.
- The market has been segmented based on the application into picking and packaging, inspection of pharmaceutical drugs, and laboratory applications.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been classified as pharmaceutical companies and research laboratories.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being ABB Ltd., DENSO Corporation, FANUC Corporation, Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd., Kuka AG, Marchesini Group S.p.A, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, Seiko Epson Corporation, Shibuya Corporation, Universal Robots A/S (Teradyne Inc.), and Yaskawa Electric Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800