As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Plastic Films Market by Product Type (Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET), Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Polypropylene (PP), Polyethylene (PE), and Others), Application (Packaging, Decoration, and Industrial), and Region 2023-2028," the global plastic films market size reached US$ 151.6 Billion in 2022. Plastic films are versatile and widely used materials that have revolutionized numerous industries due to their unique properties and applications. They are typically made through a process called extrusion, where a molten plastic resin is forced through a die, resulting in a continuous thin sheet or film. The most common components of plastic films include polymers such as polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), and polyvinyl chloride (PVC), which contribute to their flexibility, durability, and barrier properties. They offer numerous advantages, including excellent moisture and chemical resistance and transparency, making them suitable for packaging applications, such as food packaging and consumer goods. They also provide protection against external factors, such as ultraviolet (UV) radiation and oxygen, extending the shelf life of products. Moreover, plastic films can be customized to meet specific requirements. There are various types of plastic films available, each tailored to specific needs, including low-density polyethylene (LDPE), high-density polyethylene (HDPE), polypropylene, PVC, polyester (PET), and polyamide (PA) films.
Global Plastic Films Market Trends:
The increasing demand for flexible packaging solutions across sectors, such as food and beverages (F&B), pharmaceuticals, and consumer goods, and the rising popularity of convenience-oriented packaging are some of the primary factors creating a positive outlook for the market growth. Furthermore, the expanding e-commerce industry and the subsequent surge in demand for protective packaging materials are significantly contributing to the market growth. Another driver helping the market sustain itself is the stringent environmental regulations and the growing focus on sustainability, prompting the adoption of eco-friendly and recyclable plastic films. Besides this, rapid technological advancements and innovations in film manufacturing processes, such as enhanced barrier properties, high clarity, and extended shelf life, and robust growth in the construction sector are fueling the market growth. The increasing use of plastic films in the agriculture, healthcare, and automotive industries is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the escalating demand for flexible electronics and displays and the increasing demand for ready-to-eat (RTE) meals, on-the-go snacks, and convenience foods are influencing the market growth. Additionally, the growing popularity of lightweight and cost-effective packaging materials, the emergence of new end-use industries, and the expanding retail sector across the globe are propelling the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 207.5 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 5.20% during 2023-2028.
- By the product type, the market is segregated into polyethylene terephthalate (PET), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polypropylene (PP), polyethylene (PE), and others. According to the report, PET represented the largest segment.
- Based on the application, the market is divided into packaging (food containers, blister packs, electric & electronic purposes, and others), decoration (solid color and others), and industrial (construction materials, safety materials, advertisement lighting, and others). Currently, packaging dominates the market.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa. At present, Europe is leading the market.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined with some of the key players being Amcor plc, Berry Global Inc., Cosmo Films Limited, Dow Inc., DuPont de Nemours Inc., Exxon Mobil Corporation, Inteplast Group Corporation, Jindal Poly Films, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, Polyplex Corporation Limited, RKW Group, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Saudi Arabian Oil Co.), Toray Industries Inc., and UFlex Limited.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Product Types Covered
||Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET), Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Polypropylene (PP), Polyethylene (PE), and Others
- Packaging: Food Containers, Blister Packs, Electric & Electronic Purposes, Others
- Decoration: Solid Color, Others
- Industrial: Construction Materials, Safety Materials, Advertisement Lighting, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Amcor plc, Berry Global Inc., Cosmo Films Limited, Dow Inc., DuPont de Nemours Inc., Exxon Mobil Corporation, Inteplast Group Corporation, Jindal Poly Films, Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, Polyplex Corporation Limited, RKW Group, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Saudi Arabian Oil Co.), Toray Industries Inc., UFlex Limited, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800