The latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Plating on Plastics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028," finds that the global plating on plastics market size reached US$ 639.0 Million in 2022. Plating on plastics (POP) is the process of electroplating a plastic surface with various metals, such as nickel, electroless nickel, chrome, cobalt phosphorus, gold, copper, and silver. It includes multiple processes such as pre-dipping, cleaning, accelerating, etching, neutralizing, conditioning, activating, and bath immersion. It helps promote electrical conductivity, enhance aesthetic appeal, increase surface hardness, improve corrosion and wear resistance, and provide a base coating. Owing to these properties, plating on plastic finds extensive applications in the electronics, automotive, and plumbing industries across the globe.
Global Plating on Plastics Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rising product adoption in the automotive industry for manufacturing interior trims, auxiliary lamps, mirror housings, name badges, window trims, radiator grills, and front and rear lamps. In addition, the increasing utilization of POP to enhance the aesthetic appearance of plastic trims on computers, mobile phones, buttons, knobs, and switches represent another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, key players are developing eco-friendly product variants made without the use of fluorinated surfactants, formaldehyde, phosphates, and boric acid. They are also adopting multi-molded and two-shot parts processes to reduce costs and improve the existing product quality. Moreover, the market is also propelled by the rising utilization of double-layer nickel systems comprising a semi-bright underneath layer with a bright nickel topcoat that improves the corrosion resistance of POP. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 1,019.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.9% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the plastic type, the market has been segmented into ABS, ABS/PC, PEI, PBT, LCP, PEEK, PP, and others.
- On the basis of the plating type, the market has been classified into chrome, nickel, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into automotive, building and construction, utilities, electronics, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Russia, Spain, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Artcraft Plating and Finishing Company Inc., Atotech, Bolta Werke GmbH, Cybershield Inc., DuPont de Nemours Inc., Galva Decoparts Pvt. Ltd., JCU Corporation, Leader Plating on Plastic Ltd, MacDermid Incorporated (Element Solutions Inc), MPC Plating Inc., Phillips Plating Corporation, and Precision Plating (Aust) Pty Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Plastic Type, Plating Type, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Artcraft Plating and Finishing Company Inc., Atotech, Bolta Werke GmbH, Cybershield Inc., DuPont de Nemours Inc., Galva Decoparts Pvt. Ltd., JCU Corporation, Leader Plating on Plastic Ltd, MacDermid Incorporated (Element Solutions Inc), MPC Plating Inc., Phillips Plating Corporation, and Precision Plating (Aust) Pty Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800