According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Pneumococcal Vaccine Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global pneumococcal vaccine market size grew at a CAGR of 5% during 2015-2020. Pneumococcal vaccines are used to enhance immunization against the bacterium streptococcus pneumoniae that causes meningitis, sepsis and pneumonia. There are two types of pneumococcal vaccines, namely pneumococcal conjugate (PCV13) and pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine (PPSV23). These vaccines stimulate the immune system response of an individual to produce antibodies against the bacteria, which helps to prevent the spread of the infection, reduce fatality rate, and eliminate the need for emergency hospitalization.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Pneumococcal Vaccine Market Trends:
The increasing prevalence of pneumococcal diseases in young children and the rising geriatric population represents the key factor driving the market growth. This is further supported by the introduction of PCV13 in infant routine immunization by the healthcare sector. Additionally, the rising number of smokers, who are more prone to developing pneumonia, is acting as a growth-inducing factor. Moreover, governments of various nations are creating awareness and organizing immunization programs across the globe for the prevention of the disease, which is contributing to the market growth. In line with this, the sudden outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has escalated the utilization of pneumococcal vaccines as a preventive measure against increasing lung infections. Looking forward, the market is expected to exhibit moderate growth during 2021-2026.
- Based on the vaccine type, the market has been bifurcated into pneumococcal conjugate and pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccines.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into Prevnar 13, Synflorix, and Pneumovax 23.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into distribution partner companies, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and government authorities.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been classified into pediatrics and adults.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Astellas Pharma Inc., GlaxoSmithKline Plc., Merck & Co. Inc., Panacea Biotec Ltd., Pfizer Inc., Sanofi S.A., Serum Institute of India Pvt Ltd and Walvax Biotechnology Co. Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal