The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Polyester Staple Fiber Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global polyester staple fiber market size reached US$ 22 Billion in 2021. Polyester staple fiber (PSF) is made from purified terephthalic acid, mono ethylene glycol (MEG), and recycled PET bottle flakes. It is available in variable lengths and a broad range of compositions. It is often used for making non-woven carpets for automobiles, quilts, yarns and pillows. It is wrinkle-free, lightweight, resistant to light damage and can withstand harsh climates. As a result, PSF finds application across the textile, construction, automotive, home furnishing, filtration, hygiene, and personal care industries.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Polyester Staple Fiber Market Trends:
The global polyester staple fiber market is primarily driven by the rising demand for apparel and its growing use in sportswear, activewear, and intimate wear. PSF is also increasingly used as a substitute for cotton due to its affordability, fine structure, and availability in different designs and colors. Besides this, the rising awareness regarding environmental protection has resulted in the shift toward sustainable textiles that are made from recycled materials. In addition to this, it is employed in the construction industry to fill up cracks, thus enhancing the overall quality of the walls, tanks, tiles, blocks, and maintenance hole covers. On the other hand, PSF is also utilized in the production of high-quality and economical automotive textiles for airbags, trunk liners, carpet backing, door panels, glove boxes, and sound insulation. Furthermore, the development of high-quality PSF with antimicrobial properties and advanced protection against bad odor and infections are escalating the product demand across the globe. Looking forward, the market value is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.95% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the origin, the market has been segmented into virgin, recycled, and blended.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been classified into solid and hollow.
- The market has been categorized based on the application into automotive, home furnishing, apparel, filtration, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Alpek S.A.B. de C.V. (Alfa S.A.B. de C.V.), The Bombay Dyeing & Manufacturing Co. Limited, China Petroleum Corporation (Sinopec Group), Diyou Fibre (M) Sdn Bhd, Far Eastern New Century Corporation, Huvis Corporation, Indorama Corporation, Reliance Industries Limited, Shubhalakshmi Polyesters Limited, Toray Industries Inc., and XINDA Corp.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800