According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Polyol Sweeteners Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global polyol sweeteners market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% during 2022-2027. Polyols refer to organic compounds that are composed of several hydroxyl groups. Also known as sugar alcohols, they are characterized by a similar taste and texture to that of the table sugar. Widely obtained from different fruits and vegetables, they consist of versatile carbohydrates and minimal calories with a low glycemic index (GI). They are commonly used in the production of sweeteners and are commonly consumed as a sugar replacement in the preparation of a wide variety of food and beverages. Since their consumption is associated with maintaining blood sugar levels, promoting oral health and controlling weight, they are gaining widespread popularity across the globe.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Polyol Sweeteners Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the rising product demand from the food and beverages sector. Polyol sweeteners are increasingly preferred to infuse sweetness to numerous drinks and desserts due to their low-calorie content. They are also utilized in the preparation of various bakery products, ice creams and jams and jellies. Moreover, escalating prevalence of chronic and lifestyle diseases across the globe has encouraged consumers to opt for foods with a reduced glycemic response, thereby providing an impetus to the market growth. The market is further driven by the widespread adoption of polyol sweeteners in the pharmaceutical industry. They act as an excellent stabilizer and excipient in drug formulation, which has contributed to their increased uptake in the sector. Apart from this, these sweeteners are extensively employed in the formulation of various oral care products, including mouthwash and toothpaste, as their usage offers exceptional resistance to fermentation while providing a refreshing sweetness to the product.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into sorbitol, xylitol, mannitol, maltitol, isomalt, and others.
- Based on the form, the market has been bifurcated into powder and liquid.
- On the basis of the function, the market has been classified into flavoring and sweetening agents, bulking agents, excipients, humectants, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into food and beverages, personal care and cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include B Food Science Co. Ltd., BENEO GmbH (Südzucker AG), Cargill Incorporated, DuPont de Nemours Inc, Hylen Co.Ltd., Ingredion Incorporated, Roquette Frères, Sweeteners Plus LLC, Tereos, and Zuchem Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal