The latest report by IMARC, titled “Pressure Sensitive Tapes Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, finds that the global pressure sensitive tapes market size reached US$ 60.3 Billion in 2022. Pressure sensitive tapes refer to adhesives that can stick to a surface with the application of light pressure, without the need for water, heat, or any other activating agent. These tapes are coated with a thin layer of adhesive, which creates a bond between the tape and the surface when the pressure is applied. The adhesive used in these tapes is produced from numerous materials, such as acrylic, rubber, silicone, and other polymers, and can be formulated to offer different levels of adhesion, depending upon the use of the tape. In recent years, pressure sensitive tapes have gained traction due to the rising product employment for labelling, packaging, masking, and other applications where a reliable, strong bond is required.
Global Pressure Sensitive Tapes Market:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the exponential growth in the e-commerce and online retail sectors as these tapes are widely used for sealing cardboards and containers. Additionally, on account of the versatility of pressure adhesive tapes, they are widely adopted in numerous industry verticals, thus creating a positive market outlook. In the automotive sector, these tapes are utilized to join side mirrors, interior parts and LED lights in vehicles. On the other hand, they are used for graphics and exterior markings, surface protection and stencil and spray masking a section that is not to be painted or coated in the aerospace industry. Other than this, these tapes are customizable as per the requirements posed by its consumers, such as the need for high-temperature resistance, water resistance, or electrical insulation tapes; this is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, the rising environmental consciousness amongst the masses is enabling key players to focus on introducing eco-friendly packaging materials, such as recyclable or biodegradable pressure adhesive tapes. Moreover, significant technological advancements have prompted several leading manufacturers to introduce products that offer better adhesion and durability without any residue or damaging the surface they are applied to. On account of these factors, IMARC Group is expecting the market value to reach US$ 86.1 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- On the basis of the type, the market has been divided into single-coated type, double-coated type, and adhesive transfer type.
- Based on technology, the market has been segregated into water type (solution and emulsion based), solvent type, hot-melt type and radiation type.
- On the basis of the resin type, the market has been segmented into acrylic, rubber, silicone, and others.
- The market has been classified based on the material type into foam, film, paper and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into automotive, packaging, electronics, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Advance Tapes International Ltd., 3M Company, American Biltrite Inc., CCT Tapes, H. B. Fuller Company, Jonson Tapes Ltd., LINTEC Corporation, NICHIBAN Co. Ltd., Nitto Denko, Scapa Group, and Tesa SE.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Technology, Resin Type, Material Type, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Advance Tapes International Ltd., 3M Company, American Biltrite Inc., CCT Tapes, H.B. Fuller Company, Jonson Tapes Ltd., LINTEC Corporation, NICHIBAN Co. Ltd., Nitto Denko, Scapa Group and Tesa SE
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800