The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Respiratory Diagnostics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global respiratory diagnostics market size reached US$ 7.5 Billion in 2022. Respiratory diagnostics refer to the clinical examination of lung functioning and related procedures. It includes several mechanical, imaging, and molecular diagnostic tests for detecting chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), lung cancer, bronchitis, asthma, and pulmonary fibrosis. It also uses procedures such as capillary blood gas (CBG), sniff nasal inspiratory pressure (SNIP), spirometry, oximetry, transcutaneous CO2 monitoring, chest X-ray, and computed tomography (CT) scan. In some samples, sleep studies are also executed to diagnose and evaluate the presence of sleep apnea and nocturnal hypoventilation. As a result, respiratory diagnostic tests are widely conducted across healthcare sectors, clinical laboratories, and physician offices.
Global Respiratory Diagnostics Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of respiratory diseases. In addition, the increasing number of smokers and consumption of alcohol, sedentary lifestyle habits and stressful routines, have resulted in rising incidences of COPD and other severe respiratory conditions, such as lung, mouth, and throat cancer. This, coupled with several technological innovations in the healthcare industry and respiratory diagnostic testing, including the utilization of artificial intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT) for the diagnosis of COPD and outpatient management, represent another growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the escalating demand for respiratory diagnostics devices in various privately-owned hospitals and healthcare centers is providing a positive thrust to the market growth. Additionally, numerous initiatives taken by government and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to make quality healthcare facilities accessible to all are also propelling the market growth. Other factors including rapid urbanization, the rising geriatric population and the increasing pollution levels across the globe are impelling the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 11.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.65% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the product and service type, the market has been classified into instruments and services, assays and reagents, and services and software.
- On the basis of the test type, the market has been divided into mechanical tests, obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) diagnostic tests, imaging tests, traditional diagnostic tests, molecular diagnostic tests and others.
- Based on the disease, the market has been segmented into tuberculosis, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), lung cancer and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been divided into hospitals, clinics, reference and clinical laboratories and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined in the report, with some of the key players being Philips Healthcare, Abbott Laboratories, Biomerieux, Becton Dickinson, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Alere Inc., Seegene Inc., 3M Company, Bio-Rad Laboratories, SDI Diagnostics and COSMED Srl.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product and Service Type, Test Type, Disease, End-User, Region
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||Philips Healthcare, Abbott Laboratories, Biomerieux, Becton Dickinson, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Alere Inc., Seegene Inc., 3M, Bio-Rad Laboratories, SDI Diagnostics and COSMED
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800