The global respiratory diagnostics market size reached US$ 6.9 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 10.9 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.73% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use sector. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Respiratory diagnostics refer to the clinical assessment of lung functioning and related processes. It includes several mechanical, imaging and molecular diagnostic tests for detecting asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), lung cancer, bronchitis, and pulmonary fibrosis. It uses procedures, such as spirometry, oximetry, transcutaneous CO2 monitoring, sniff nasal inspiratory pressure (SNIP), chest X-ray and computed tomography (CT) scan. In some instances, sleep studies are also conducted to diagnose and assess the presence of sleep apnea and nocturnal hypoventilation.
The growing prevalence of respiratory diseases is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. The increasing number of smokers and consumption of alcohol, coupled with sedentary lifestyle habits and stressful routines, have resulted in rising incidences of COPD and other severe respiratory conditions, such as lung cancer. Furthermore, various technological innovations in respiratory diagnostic testing, including the utilization of Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) for the diagnosis of COPD and outpatient management, are creating a positive impact on the market growth. Also, an increase in the demand for respiratory diagnostics devices in various privately-owned hospitals and healthcare centers and efforts by both government and non-governmental organizations (NGO) to make quality healthcare facilities accessible to all are driving the market for respiratory diagnostics. Other factors contributing to the market growth include enhanced research and development (R&D), rising geriatric population, rapid urbanization and increasing industrial establishments, and growing pollution levels across the globe.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global respiratory diagnostics market report, along with forecasts at the global and regional level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on product and service type, test type, disease and end-user.
Breakup by Product and Service Type:
- Instruments and Services
- Assays and Reagents
- Services and Software
Breakup by Test Type:
- Mechanical Tests
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA) Diagnostic Tests
- Imaging Tests
- Traditional Diagnostic Tests
- Molecular Diagnostic Tests
Breakup by Disease:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Lung Cancer
Breakup by End-User:
- Reference and Clinical Laboratories
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
The report has also analyzed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Philips Healthcare, Abbott Laboratories, Biomerieux, Becton Dickinson, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Alere Inc., Seegene Inc., 3M, Bio-Rad Laboratories, SDI Diagnostics and COSMED, etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product and Service Type, Test Type, Disease, End-User, Region
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||Philips Healthcare, Abbott Laboratories, Biomerieux, Becton Dickinson, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Alere Inc., Seegene Inc., 3M, Bio-Rad Laboratories, SDI Diagnostics and COSMED
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global respiratory diagnostics market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global respiratory diagnostics industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global respiratory diagnostics industry?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product and service type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the test type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the disease?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global respiratory diagnostics industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global respiratory diagnostics industry?
- What is the structure of the global respiratory diagnostics industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global respiratory diagnostics industry?