According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Reverse Osmosis (RO) Membrane Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global reverse osmosis (RO) membrane market size reached US$ 3.8 Billion in 2022. Reverse osmosis (RO) refers to a water purification method that relies on a partially permeable membrane for removing ions, unwanted molecules and large particles suspended in drinking water. It comprises a pump that increases the pressure on the salt side of the RO membrane and forces the water through the other side. This membrane only allows water to pass through and separates dissolved solids, bacteria, viruses and other substances. RO is used to purify water for water systems, industrial boilers, food and beverage processing, cosmetics and pharmaceutical production, and seawater desalination, among other applications.
Global Reverse Osmosis (RO) Membrane Market Trends:
According to the United Nations ‘World Water Development Report (WWDR 2020)’, 70-80% of the illnesses reported across the globe are due to water contamination. Consequently, there is a rise in the utilization of RO systems for water purification and seawater desalination. Moreover, on account of population growth, climatic changes, industrial development and the increasing pollution levels, the demand for clean and fresh water is increasing significantly, which in turn is strengthening the RO membrane market growth. Apart from this, owing to the increasing volume of wastewater and the rising demand for drinking water, numerous countries are employing desalination plants that rely on RO for removing excess salt from the water and making it fit for use. They are also investing in water purification plants to overcome the scarcity of fresh water. On account of these factors, the market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 11.8% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the material type, the market has been bifurcated into cellulose-based (cellulose acetate and nitrocellulose) and thin-film composite (polyamide composite and GO-based polyacrylonitrile) membranes.
- On the basis of the filter module, the market has been segmented into plate and frame-PF (spiral, pillow-shaped), tubular-shaped, spiral-wound and hollow-fiber.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the end use into desalination systems (seawater, brackish water), RO purification systems (residential and commercial, municipal, industrial), and medical devices and diagnostics.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Axeon Water Technologies, Dow Water & Process Solutions Inc., GE Water & Process Technologies, Hydranautics - A Nitto Denko Group Company, Keensen Technology Co. Ltd., Lanxess, LG Chem Ltd., Microdyn-Nadir GmbH, Toray Industries, Inc., Toyobo Co., Ltd. and Vontron Membrane Technology Co., Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Material Type, Filter Module, End-Use, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Axeon Water Technologies, Dow Water & Process Solutions Inc., GE Water & Process Technologies, Hydranautics (A Nitto Denko Group Company), Keensen Technology Co. Ltd., Lanxess, LG Chem, Microdyn-Nadir GmbH, Toray Industries Inc., Toyobo Co. Ltd. and Vontron Membrane Technology Co. Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal