According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Roofing Materials Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global roofing materials market reached a value of US$ 124.2 Billion in 2021. Roofing materials offer shelter and protection against harsh environmental conditions. They comprise felt, drain, sheet, slate, grout, gravel, gutter, copper, base ply, coating, flashing, fasteners, insulation, joint tape, ridge cap, downspout, closure strip, underlayment, plastic cement, and asphalt shingles. Nowadays, leading manufacturers are introducing advanced roofing materials that are economical and effective in wet and windy regions.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Roofing Materials Market Trends:
Due to the growing global population and inflating income levels, there is a considerable rise in the need for housing units, especially in the urban region. This represents one of the key factors strengthening the growth of the market. Moreover, the increasing demand for commercial and retail spaces is positively influencing the demand for roofing materials around the world. Apart from this, governing agencies of several countries are investing in improving the infrastructure of schools, urban transport, and healthcare institutions. They are also renovating and redeveloping the existing infrastructure, which is impelling the growth of the market. Furthermore, rising environmental concerns and increasing focus on sustainable buildings are resulting in the growing traction of green roofs across the globe. These roofs are covered with plants, have a longer lifespan and aid in enhancing the air quality and minimizing water runoff. Besides this, key market players are providing durable and easy-to-install roofing materials in varying grades and thicknesses, which is propelling the market growth. Looking forward, the market is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.51% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segmented into asphalt shingles, concrete and clay tiles, metal roofs, plastics, and others.
- Based on the construction type, the market has been bifurcated into new construction and reroofing.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the application into the residential and non-residential sectors.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Atlas Roofing Corporation (Hood Companies Inc.), Boral Roofing LLC (Boral Industries Inc.), Carlisle Companies Inc., CertainTeed Corporation, Crown Building Products LLC, CSR Limited, Eagle Roofing, Etex, GAF (Standard Industries Inc.), Johns Manville (Berkshire Hathaway Inc.), North American Roofing Services Inc, Owens Corning, TAMKO Building Products LLC and Wienerberger AG.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal