According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Satellite Transponder Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, the global satellite transponder market reached a value of US$ 20.8 Billion in 2021. A satellite transponder is a wireless device that is utilized to receive and transmit radio signals at a prescribed frequency range. The device comprises a series of interconnected units that are used for communication between receiving and transmitting antennas. It receives a signal which it then broadcasts at a different frequency, which forms an essential component of various navigation and identification of various systems. Since the application of a transponder in a communications satellite ensures accurate and reliable transmission services, despite geographical limitations, it is gaining widespread preference across military, government and commercial organizations.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Satellite Transponder Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing adoption rates of direct to home (DTH) television sets. In addition to this, the escalating demand for High Definition Television (HDTV) sets, along with improving living standards, rapid urbanization and inflating per capita income levels, is expected to provide a thrust to the market growth. Moreover, the rising demand for intercontinental transmission in both the developed and developing economies and the emergence of new television platforms are also contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, favorable initiatives taken by several regulatory authorities across the globe are creating growth opportunities for the players. For instance, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has implemented the new tariff order (NTO), a regulatory framework for the television broadcast industry, which has aided in streamlining the industry and contributed to the market growth of satellite transponder. Furthermore, the increasing demand for transponders from the maritime and airborne services are projected to facilitate the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach US$ 28.0 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.01% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the bandwidth, the market has been divided into C-band, KU-band, KA-band, K-band and others.
- On the basis of the service, the market has been categorized into leasing, maintenance and support, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into commercial communications, government communications, navigation, remote sensing, research and development (R&D) and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include SES S.A., Arabsat, Eutelsat S.A., Intelsat Corporation, Embratel Star One, Thaicom Public Company Limited, Sky Satellite LLC, SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation, HISPASAT S.A., Singtel Group and Telesat.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Phone No: (D) +91 120 433 0800 | www.imarcgroup.com
Americas :- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331