According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Scaffold Technology Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027," the global scaffold technology market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 11.1% during 2022-2027. A scaffold refers to the artificial extracellular matrices that support the 3D tissue regenerations and accommodate cells. It can be either permanent or temporary matrices that offer mechanical, chemical, and biological support for tissue formation. Scaffold technology is used to present 3D culture assays that involve cell-to-cell interactions, high throughput screening, cell-to-matrix interactions, transfections, and cell migration assays. In this technology, the cells are grown within the extracellular matrix or synthetic materials.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Scaffold Technology Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the increasing demand for body reconstruction procedures and tissue engineering. In line with this, the rising usage of biomaterials and rapid technological advancements in scaffold technology is significantly contributing to the market. Furthermore, the growing demand for 3D cellular models in biological studies and translational research is positively influencing the market. Apart from this, the shift in the cell culture paradigm to overcome the challenges associated with the drug development process is catalyzing the market. Moreover, the 3D concept of cell cultivation allows the investigation of phenotypic heterogeneity of cancer cells and heterotypic crosstalk between cells by providing relevant information about diseased cells, thus propelling the market growth. Besides, rapid advancements in regenerative medicine and tissue engineering have accelerated the adoption of 3D bioprinting for organ and tissue reconstruction procedures, thereby favoring the growth of the market. Additionally, multiple players are investing in developing new 3D bioprinted personalized scaffolds for tissue regeneration. This, in turn, is providing a boost to the market expansion.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been segmented into hydrogels, polymeric scaffolds, micropatterned surface microplates, and nanofiber based scaffolds.
- Based on the application, the market has been categorized into stem cell therapy, regenerative medicine, and tissue engineering, drug discovery, and others.
- Based on the disease type, the market has been classified into orthopedics, musculoskeletal and spine, cancer, skin and integumentary, dental, cardiology and vascular, neurology, and others.
- Based on the end-user, the market has been bifurcated into biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries, research laboratories and institutes, hospitals, and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include 3D Biotek LLC, Akron Biotechnology LLC, Avacta Life Sciences Limited, Becton Dickinson and Company, Corning Incorporated, Medtronic Plc, Merck KGaA, Molecular Matrix Inc., Nanofiber Solutions LLC, NuVasive Inc., REPROCELL USA Inc., Tecan Trading AG and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800