The global scaffold technology market is expected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 10.7% during 2023-2028.
Scaffold technology is used for controlling cell behavior in tissue engineering (TE) by mimicking the extracellular matrix (ECM) of the target tissue. TE combines the cells and highly porous scaffold biomaterials, such as polymers and ceramics, to regenerate damaged tissues of impaired organs. The available methods for fabricating these scaffold biomaterials include electrospinning, gas foaming, freeze-drying, Thermally Induced Phase Separation (TIPS), and solvent casting and particle leaching. Presently, a considerable rise in the incidences of diseases, injuries and congenital disabilities that lead to damaged tissues and organs is escalating the demand for scaffold technologies in surgical procedures across the globe.
Scaffold technology is manufactured using stereolithography, fused deposition modeling (FDM), selective laser sintering, and three-dimensional (3D) printing. It is utilized as cellular systems in tissue repairing on account of its biocompatibility and nontoxicity. This is among the key factors increasing the adoption of scaffold technology in drug screening and target validation of therapeutics. Additionally, the growing emphasis on improving transplantation processes is bolstering the market growth. Apart from this, numerous studies report organ damages in many patients diagnosed with coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Consequently, health professionals worldwide are relying on suitable scaffold biomaterials for tissue damage via TE approaches. Moreover, the ongoing research on using cartilage TE as a model system for overcoming the limitation of oxygen supply to cells is anticipated to expand the application of scaffold technology in engineering large organs for cardiac muscles and bones.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global scaffold technology market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, application, disease type and end user.
Breakup by Type:
- Polymeric Scaffolds
- Micropatterned Surface Microplates
- Nanofiber Based Scaffolds
Breakup by Application:
- Stem Cell Therapy, Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering
- Drug Discovery
Breakup by Disease Type:
- Orthopedics, Musculoskeletal and Spine
- Skin and Integumentary
- Cardiology and Vascular
Breakup by End User:
- Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Industries
- Research Laboratories and Institutes
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being 3D Biotek LLC, Akron Biotechnology LLC, Avacta Life Sciences Limited, Becton Dickinson and Company, Corning Incorporated, Medtronic Plc, Merck KGaA, Molecular Matrix Inc., Nanofiber Solutions LLC, NuVasive Inc., REPROCELL USA Inc., Tecan Trading AG and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Application, Disease Type, End User, Region
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3D Biotek LLC, Akron Biotechnology LLC, Avacta Life Sciences Limited, Becton Dickinson and Company, Corning Incorporated, Medtronic Plc, Merck KGaA, Molecular Matrix Inc., Nanofiber Solutions LLC, NuVasive Inc., REPROCELL USA Inc., Tecan Trading AG and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global scaffold technology market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global scaffold technology market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the disease type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global scaffold technology market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?