According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Scanning Electron Microscopes Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028," the global scanning electron microscopes market reached a value of US$ 4.2 Billion in 2022. Scanning electron microscopes (SEMs) are a type of electron microscope that utilizes a focused beam of high-energy electrons to generate various signals at the surface of solid specimens. It is vital in all fields that require the characterization of solid materials. It is easy to operate, with user-friendly and intuitive interfaces. It detects various signals, of which secondary electrons (SEs) and backscattered electrons (BSEs) are the primary electrons used in biological and biomedical research. It has contributed extensively to elucidating the ultrastructure of bio-specimens in three dimensions. It uses focused beams of electrons to render high-resolution, three-dimensional images. Scanning electron microscopes are widely used for industrial, commercial, and research applications. From forensic applications to fabrication processes, there's a diverse range of applications for modern SEM. In material science, SEM is used for research, quality control, and failure analysis. It is also used in semiconductor inspection by creating high-resolution 3D images which offer a speedy, accurate measurement of the semiconductor composition. Criminal and other forensic investigations employ these microscopes to uncover evidence and gain further forensic insight.
Global Scanning Electron Microscopes Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the increasing demand for nanotechnology-based research. In line with this, the rising product application in the electronics, semiconductor, and pharmaceutical industries is significantly contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, continual improvements in the resolution power and properties like attachment of other devices, such as energy x-ray dispersion spectrometer, are positively influencing the market. Apart from this, the growing product demand in small- to medium-scale R&D institutes to provide researchers data regarding surface morphology, topography, chemical analysis, and fractography is catalyzing the market. Moreover, the escalating global focus on research and development for applications, such as life sciences, material sciences, nanotechnology, neurosciences, and the semiconductor industry, is propelling the product adoption. Besides, rapid technological advancements in SEM, especially in benchtop scanning electron microscopes, have improved standard control procedures, thus strengthening the market. Additionally, the rising number of laboratories in academic institutes is providing a boost to the market. Some of the other factors driving the market include favorable R&D grants and rapid adoption of SEMs in different disciplinary fields. On account of the factors above, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 6.8 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.9% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been categorized into tabletop/benchtop and conventional.
- Based on the technology, the market has been classified into Conventional or High Vacuum Scanning Electron Microscope (HVSEM), Variable Pressure or Low Vacuum Scanning Electron Microscope (LVSEM), Cryo-Scanning Electron Microscope (Cryo-SEM), Environmental Scanning Electron Microscope (ESEM), and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into material sciences, nanotechnology, life sciences, semiconductors, and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Advantest Corporation, Bruker Corporation, Carl Zeiss AG, Danaher Corporation, Delong Instruments, Hitachi High-Tech Corporation (Hitachi Ltd.), JEOL Ltd., Nanoscience Instruments, Nikon Corporation, Olympus Corporation and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Technology, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Advantest Corporation, Bruker Corporation, Carl Zeiss AG, Danaher Corporation, Delong Instruments, Hitachi High-Tech Corporation (Hitachi Ltd.), JEOL Ltd., Nanoscience Instruments, Nikon Corporation, Olympus Corporation and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800