As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Scar Treatment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global scar treatment market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.1% during 2022-2027. Scars are inevitable results of wounds or surgeries that appear different in color and texture from the surrounding healthy tissues. In order to minimize and eliminate their appearance, scar treatment is widely utilized as a remedy for acne, keloid, contracture and hypertrophic scars. Nowadays, various therapies are used for speeding up the healing process, which include over the counter (OTC) gels, creams, ointments, silicone sheets, surgeries for skin grafts, excisions or laser treatment and collagen injections.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Scar Treatment Market Trends:
Owing to the growing competition, distributors of scar treatment solutions across the globe are focusing on reducing product prices to retain a competitive edge in the market. Moreover, owing to the rising penetration of the internet and the thriving e-commerce sector, they are promoting their products through online media. Numerous social media platforms, such as blogs and social discussion websites, are posting reviews of these products, which is further contributing to their popularity worldwide. Furthermore, the market for scar treatment is driven by the growing prevalence of skin diseases, such as vitiligo, psoriasis, eczema, and photoaging of the skin, and increasing appearance consciousness among consumers. Besides this, improving accessibility to dermatological facilities and the easy availability of products manufactured using both chemical and herbal ingredients are anticipated to strengthen the market growth in the coming years. Dermatological clinics generally offer precise and latest technological procedures for cosmetic surgeries that provide effective results and cause minimal discomfort to the patients.
- Based on the product or treatment type, the market has been segmented into topical products (gels, creams, oils, sheets and others); laser treatment; surface treatment and injectables.
- On the basis of the scar type, the market has been segregated into atrophic, hypertrophic and keloid, contracture, and other scars.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the end-user into hospitals, clinics, retail pharmacies and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru and others); and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, the United Arab Emirates and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Alliance Pharma PLC, AVITA Medical Ltd., Bausch Health Companies Inc., Cutera, Inc., Establishment Labs SA, GC Aesthetics PLC, Hologic Inc., Mölnlycke Health Care AB, Smith & Nephew PLC and Sonoma Pharmaceuticals Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Phone No: (D) +91 120 433 0800 | www.imarcgroup.com
Americas :- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331