According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Security Robots Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global security robots market reached a value of US$ 9.8 Billion in 2022. Security robots are automated guards used for performing surveillance and security tasks. They rely on artificial intelligence (AI), streaming video, and other connected technologies to automate tasks and enhance their capacities. They also consist of a built-in automatic guidance system, electric motors, modern high-capacity, lightweight batteries, and high-definition (HD) cameras. Security robots are used to spy, patrol surveillance areas, report, investigate, rescue operations, and detect explosives. As compared to security guards, they are safer, more reliable, and cost-efficient and can move in complex environments.
Global Security Robots Market Trends:
The increasing security concerns and the rising penetration of automation techniques across the globe are creating a positive outlook for the market. This is further supported by the significant investments by governments in defense owing to rising geopolitical tensions among neighboring countries and increasing terror threats. In line with this, the widespread product adoption in malls, parking lots and campuses to alert security personnel about threats or possible crimes is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, manufacturers are employing advanced technologies, such as neural networks and deep learning models, to improve functionality over time, which, in turn, is positively influencing the market growth. Additionally, the integration of automation capabilities in security robots that are employed on challenging terrains and environments to perform surveillance and other actions based on analytics is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Other factors, including the increasing trend of indoor robots to deliver a range of safety and commercial benefits and extensive research and development (R&D) activities, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 20.4 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 12.3% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the component, the market has been categorized into propulsion system, frames and sensors, camera systems, guidance and navigation control system, power systems, and others.
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into unmanned ground, unmanned aerial, and autonomous underwater vehicles.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been categorized into spying, patrolling, explosive detection, rescue operations, and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been divided into defense and military, residential, and commercial.
- On the basis of region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being AeroVironment Inc., BAE Systems plc, Boston Dynamics (Hyundai Motor Group), Cobham Limited (Meggitt PLC), Elbit Systems Ltd., Knightscope Inc., Kongsberg Gruppen, Leonardo S.p.A., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, QinetiQ, SMP Robotics Systems Corp., Thales Group and The Boeing Company.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800