According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Seed Coating Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global seed coating market size reached US$ 2.4 Billion in 2022. Seed coating is a specialized agricultural process where seeds are enveloped in a thin layer of tailored materials, such as polymers, fertilizers, fungicides, insecticides, or beneficial microorganisms. This coating provides protection against environmental stresses and pathogens, enhances germination through growth stimulants, and facilitates nutrient supplementation for early growth. It also allows for precise planting and incorporates disease and pest control measures. The components used in seed coatings vary based on the crop and environmental requirements. Seed coating increases crop establishment, provides disease and pest management, optimizes nutrient availability, and promotes environmental sustainability through targeted pesticide application. It improves seed performance, crop establishment, yield potential, and agricultural ecological stewardship. It is utilized in various agricultural sectors, including conventional farming, organic farming, horticulture, and forestry. Seed coatings are also applied to various crop seeds, including grains, oilseeds, vegetables, fruits, and tree seeds.
Global Seed Coating Market Trends:
The increasing popularity of seed coating due to the increasing population across the globe and the consequent rise in food demand is driving the market growth. The seed coating technology presents a promising solution for farmers and seed companies to enhance agricultural productivity and increase crop yields that helps meet the growing demand and supports efforts to address global food security challenges creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, technological advancements in seed coating like micro emulsion gel (MEG) technology, a gel-based seed coating that contains micro-emulsified active ingredients which involve the application of a thin film of gel onto the surface of the seed, that helps in reducing the rub-off of coating materials during transportation and handling, is positively impacting the market growth. Additionally, the growing awareness of seed coating benefits among farmers and agricultural professionals, including enhanced germination, disease and pest control, nutrient supplementation, and precision planting, for achieving higher crop establishment rates and improved yields, is strengthening the market growth. In addition to this, the growing product popularity in precision agricultural techniques, including precision planting and variable rate application to ensure accurate seed placement and consistent crop emergence, is favoring the market growth. Furthermore, the rising emphasis on sustainable farming practices owing to the increasing environmental concerns is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Other factors, including rapid industrialization, significant growth in the agriculture industry, and rapid technological advancements, are anticipated to drive the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 3.8 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 8.2% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the addictive type, the market has been segmented as polymers, colorants, pellets, binders, active ingredients, and others. Amongst which polymers represent the largest segment.
- Based on the process, the market has been classified into film coating, encrusting, and pelleting. Amongst these, film coating dominates the market, holding the largest share.
- On the basis of crop type, the market has been categorized into cereals and grains, fruits and vegetables, flowers and ornamentals, oilseeds and pulses, and others. According to the report, cereals and grains represented the largest segment.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America is the largest market for seed coating.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being BASF SE, Brett-Young Seeds Limited, Centor Oceania, Chromatech Incorporated, Cistronics, Innovations Pvt. Ltd., Croda International plc, Germains Seed Technology, Precision Laboratories LLC, Sensient Colors LLC (Sensient Technologies Corporation), and Solvay, etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Additive Types Covered
||Polymers, Colorants, Pellets, Binders, Active Ingredients, Others
||Film Coating, Encrusting, Pelleting
|Crop Types Covered
||Cereals and Grains, Fruits and Vegetables, Flowers and Ornamentals, Oilseeds and Pulses, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||BASF SE, Brett-Young Seeds Limited, Centor Oceania, Chromatech Incorporated, Cistronics, Innovations Pvt. Ltd., Croda International plc, Germains Seed Technology, Precision Laboratories LLC, Sensient Colors LLC (Sensient Technologies Corporation), and Solvay, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800