As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Seed Treatment Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global seed treatment market size reached US$ 8.1 Billion in 2022. Seed treatment refers to a process in which physical, chemical or biological agents are applied to seeds before sowing them. It includes several stages, such as exposing seeds to the sun, immersing them in nutrient-rich water, coating, priming, pelleting, phytosanitary treatment and microbial inoculation. It helps in suppressing, controlling or repelling pathogens, insects and other pests, improving the germination of seeds, shielding them from rotting and offering protection from storage insects.
Global Seed Treatment Market Trends:
Insects and seed-borne and early season diseases lead to devastating consequences in agriculture if not managed timely. With rapid urbanization and the growing global population, there has been an increase in the emphasis to grow more food using less land, water and human resources. As a result, there is a rise in the demand for seed treatment across the globe. Apart from this, the high prices of hybrid and genetically modified seeds represent another major factor that is strengthening the market growth. Furthermore, leading manufacturers in the industry are focusing on mergers and acquisitions (M&A) to introduce new products by taking advantage of innovations in both biology and chemistry of new seed treatment technologies. They are also increasing research and development (R&D) to improve crop quality. Other factors anticipated to propel the market growth include favorable government initiatives undertaken in numerous countries and increasing awareness among the farming community about the benefits offered by seed treatment. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 13.0 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 8.1% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into chemical and non-chemical treatment. At present, chemical seed treatment represents the most popular segment.
- On the basis of the application technique, the market has been segmented into seed coating, seed dressing and seed pelleting, and others.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the crop type into corn/maize, soybean, wheat, rice, cotton and others. Amongst these, corn/maize exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the function, the market has been segregated into seed protection, seed enhancement and others. Seed protection accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. North America currently enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Bayer AG, Syngenta AG, BASF SE, DOW Agrosciences LLC, DuPont de Nemours, Inc., Nufarm Ltd., FMC Corporation, Arysta Lifescience Corporation, Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., UPL Limited, Incotec (Croda International Plc), Germains Seed Technology, Inc. and Advanced Biological Marketing Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Application Technique, Crop Type, Function, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||Bayer, Syngenta, BASF, DOW Agrosciences, Dupont, Nufarm, FMC, Arysta Lifescience, Sumitomo Chemical, UPL, Incotec, Germains and Advanced Biological Marketing Inc
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Phone No: (D) +91 120 433 0800 | www.imarcgroup.com
Americas :- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331