According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Semiconductor Foundry Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global semiconductor foundry market reached a value of US$
77.8 Billion in 2022. Semiconductor foundry refers to a fabrication plant where various devices, such as integrated circuits (ICs), are produced using the photolithography process. It mainly involves manufacturing and designing services on a contractual basis. It comprises clean areas wherein the environment is controlled for eliminating harmful substances and vibrations while ensuring ideal humidity levels and temperature within a defined range. The manufactured ICs are extensively used in the production of high-voltage components, logic gates, microprocessors, analog devices, computer memory, oscillators, power electronics and micro-electrical mechanical systems (MEMS).
Global Semiconductor Foundry Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the augmenting demand for ICs across the automotive sector. Coupled with the increasing utilization of semiconductors in the manufacturing of sensors and infotainment systems of vehicles and the growing popularity of electric vehicles (EVs) due to an enhanced focus on sustainable development among the masses, this is creating a positive market outlook. In line with this, continual technological advancements, such as the integration of backup cameras and blind-spot detection systems in electric vehicles (EVs), are further catalyzing the product demand. Additionally, the rising incorporation of semiconductors in communication technologies, including base stations and routers, is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Other factors, including rapid urbanization, the widespread adoption of consumer electronics and home assistance systems, rapid adoption of automation technology across industrial sectors and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are also positively influencing the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 112.9 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of
6.2% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the technology node, the market has been categorized into 10/7/5nm, 16/14nm, 20nm, 45/40nm and others.
- On the basis of the foundry type, the market has been bifurcated into pure play foundry and IDMS.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into communication, consumer electronics, computer, automotive and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include TSMC, DB HiTek, Fujitsu Semiconductor, GlobalFoundries, Magnachip, Powerchip, Samsung Group, Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation, STMicroelectronics, Tower Semiconductor Ltd., United Microelectronics Corporation and X-Fab.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal