According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Silicon Wafer Reclaim Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global silicon wafer reclaim market reached a value of US$ 487.1 Million in 2021. Silicon wafer reclaim is the restoration of silicon wafers by employing a multi-step technique, including sorting, stripping, lapping and grinding, polishing, cleaning, and inspecting. It removes surplus material from the silicon wafer with a combination of wet and dry processes to strip and polish it back to its original condition. Silicon wafer reclaim is widely used in the manufacturing of optoelectronic devices, solar and photoelectric cells, microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), and integrated circuits. As compared to conventional wafers, silicon wafers offer better performance, are thinner in size, and are more cost-effective as they can be repurposed.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report
Global Silicon Wafer Reclaim Market Trends:
The significant growth in the electronics industry across the globe is creating a positive outlook for the market. Silicon wafer reclaim is used in manufacturing consumer electronic goods, such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops, due to its lightweight and reclaimed properties. Additionally, the increasing inclination toward a high generation of solar energy and the expanding number of solar panel installations, owing to the rising government initiatives supporting renewable energy, are favoring the market growth. Apart from this, the introduction of advanced processing solutions that help mitigate the risks of defect formation in silicon wafers is providing an impetus to the market growth. In line with this, manufacturers are focusing on engineering larger sizes of silicon wafers to enable the fabrication of multiple chips on a single wafer, which, in turn, is propelling the market growth. Other factors, including rising expenditure capacities of consumers, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and the introduction of simplified reclaiming methodologies by key players to overcome production process complexities, are supporting the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 793.4 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 8.10% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the diameter type, the market has been classified into 150 mm, 200 mm, 300 mm, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been divided into solar cells, integrated circuits, and others.
- On the basis of the industry vertical, the market has been categorized into electronics, automotive, aerospace and defense, mining and construction, and others.
- On region basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being DSK Technologies Pte Ltd., NanoSILICON Inc., Nippon Chemi-Con Corporation, NOVA Electronic Materials LLC, Optim Wafer Services, Phoenix Silicon International Corporation, Pure Wafer, RS Technologies Co. Ltd., Shinryo Corporation (Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation), Silicon Materials Inc., Silicon Specialists LLC and Silicon Valley Microelectronics Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800