The latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Silver Nanoparticles Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," finds that the global silver nanoparticles market size reached US$ 2,052.10 Million in 2021. Silver nanoparticles (AgNPs) are spherical high surface area metals sized between 100 nm to 1nm. They can be synthesized using various physical, chemical, and biological methods such as evaporation-condensation, laser ablation, electrical and gamma radiation, ultraviolet (UV) initiated photoreduction, microemulsion, and photoinduced reduction. Silver nanoparticles find extensive applications across numerous industries due to their unique properties, including high electrical and thermal conductivity, excellent chemical stability, corrosion resistance, and optical and antimicrobial properties.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Silver Nanoparticles Market Trends:
The increasing applications of silver nanoparticles across various end use sectors represents the primary factor driving the market growth. For instance, silver nanoparticles are widely used in molecular diagnostics, drug delivery systems, antimicrobial coatings, wound dressings, and biomedical devices in the healthcare industry. Besides this, they are extensively utilized in automotive textiles, military clothing, and sportswear. Additionally, a significant increase in the demand for energy-efficient light-emitting diodes (LEDs), organic LEDs (OLEDs), touchscreens, photovoltaics systems, and radio frequency identification devices (RFIDs) is also contributing to the market growth. Along with this, the rising product usage in manufacturing electronic devices and emerging electronics miniaturization trend has catalyzed the demand for silver nanoparticles. Furthermore, the emerging product applications in wastewater treatment, ecosystem management, optical electronics, silver conductive inks, and catalysts have propelled the market growth. Moreover, several key players are adopting biological synthesis methods for silver nanoparticles due to the growing environmental concerns, which is driving the market further. Other factors, including the surging sales of electronic gadgets, rising product adoption in the food and beverage (F&B) industry, technological advancements, and ongoing research and development (R&D) activities, are anticipated to provide a positive impact on the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 5,291.10 Million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of around 16.50% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the synthesis method, the market has been categorized into wet chemistry, ion implantation, and biological methods.
- On the basis of the shape, the market has been divided into spheres, platelets, rods, colloidal silver particles, and others.
- The market has been segregated based on the end use industry into electronics and IT, healthcare and lifesciences, textiles, food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, water treatment, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Advanced Nano Products Co Ltd., American Elements, Ames Goldsmith Corporation, Cerion LLC, Meliorum Technologies Inc., Merck KGaA, nanoComposix, Inc. (Fortis Life Sciences LLC), Nanocs Inc., Nanoshel LLC, Strem Chemicals Inc. (Ascensus Specialties LLC), and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.