According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Single-Use Bioreactors Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028," the global single-use bioreactors market reached a value of US$ 2.9 Billion in 2022. Single-use bioreactors are bioreactors with disposable bags that allow processors to implement disposable technology in the production process steps that had previously been earmarked for stainless steel equipment. There are two types of single-use bioreactors, stirred and rocking. A stirred single-use bioreactor utilizes single-use materials already incorporated in the plastic bag. In contrast, a rocking single-use bioreactor doesn't require stirrers within the single-use bag and is agitated by a rocking motion. These bioreactors lower the risks of cross-contamination and improve biological and process safety. They are used only once and are then disposed of after their use. They are made of plastic and are available in various sizes and shapes, depending on the application. Single-use bioreactors are used in the bioprocessing industry to produce biopharmaceutical products, such as vaccines and therapeutic products. They are designed to offer maximum convenience and flexibility in setup, cleaning, and operation.
Global Single-Use Bioreactors Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the increasing demand for biopharmaceuticals. In line with this, the rising investments by the leading players for producing advanced and effective equipment are significantly contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the cost-effectiveness, high mass production capability, and versatility of single-use bioreactors are accelerating the product demand for various applications. Apart from this, the growing production of new bio-therapeutics, including vaccines, antibodies, enzymes, and hormones, is positively influencing the market. Moreover, the escalating uptake of disposable technology in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is catalyzing the market. Besides, rapid technological developments in single-use bioreactors and the increasing acceptance of single-use bioreactors amongst small companies and start-ups are propelling the market. Additionally, the growing research and development expenditure on biopharmaceuticals is favoring the market expansion. Several market players are focusing on improving the designs, sensor systems, film technology, and stirring mechanism of single-use bioreactors, which, in turn, is expected to provide a boost to the market growth. Some of the other factors driving the market include the rapid adoption of single-use bioreactors by CMOs among biopharma innovators for small and mid-scale bioprocessing, large-scale commercial manufacturing, and the increasing rates of infections worldwide. On account of the factors above, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 7.2 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 15.3% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been categorized into single-use bioreactor systems, media bags, filtration assemblies, and others.
- Based on the type, the market has been classified into stirred-tank bioreactors, wave-induced bioreactors, bubble-column bioreactors, and others.
- Based on the cell type, the market has been segmented into mammalian cells, bacteria, yeast, and others.
- Based on the molecule type, the market has been categorized into vaccines, monoclonal antibodies, stem cells, recombinant proteins, and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been classified into pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies, contract research organizations, academic and research institutes, and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include ABEC Inc., Cellexus, Celltainer Biotech B.V., CESCO Bioengineering Co. Ltd., Distek Inc., Eppendorf SE, General Electric Company, Getinge AB, Merck KGaA, Pall Corporation (Danaher Corporation), PBS Biotech Inc., Sartorius AG and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Type, Cell Type, Molecule Type, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||ABEC Inc., Cellexus, Celltainer Biotech B.V., CESCO Bioengineering Co. Ltd., Distek Inc., Eppendorf SE, General Electric Company, Getinge AB, Merck KGaA, Pall Corporation (Danaher Corporation), PBS Biotech Inc., Sartorius AG and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800